2020 Fall Football Thread

So, now who is your pick to win the B1G West? (Cuz I gotta believe that the Badgers will miss 3 games)

My wife and I were just talking about this at lunch. If you drop below 53 eligible, it would be a 3 game stint. That’d be really tough. And you guys looked great last weekend.

I totally had the Badgers for the B1G West. IF Wisconsin ends up out of the running due to Covid, I really think its a toss up among the other teams. And whoever it is will get absolutely steamrolled by Ohio State for the championship - as much as I despise ”that” team from Columbus - assuming they’d be able to avoid any similar Covid fate.

On the surface NW rolled, so maybe them. Purdue beat Iowa who has been fairly solid in recent years, so that puts them in the possible mix. And then you have the Huskers who were rolled by Ohio St, but that’s Ohio St. Hard to get a read off that game other than the dang Buckeyes are living up to their hype again. :(

I have to say my Buckeyes looked awful in the run game. Both O & D lines need work, definitely did not own the line of scrimmage. As far as the passing game goes, WOW just WOW! Fields has some great receiving talent on that team and they are young! The Penn State game this week could be very interesting. Although I think James Franklin is a complete dope.

I have to say my Buckeyes looked awful in the run game. Both O & D lines need work, definitely did not own the line of scrimmage. As far as the passing game goes, WOW just WOW! Fields has some great receiving talent on that team and they are young! The Penn State game this week could be very interesting. Although I think James Franklin is a complete dope.

I hear you on Franklin. And agree with your breakdown above. That said, I believe you are in a class by yourself right now in the B1G Ten. Couldn’t agree more on that passing game. Fields is special, and he has amazing talent across the board with his receivers. I expect to see your Buckeyes steam roll Penn St. this weekend.

And still they won by a healthy 35 points! They better get their S___ together! Ha!

Bad news for my Tigers for sure! On the other hand, will show what the backups are worth. The bookies must not think he is the team.....the line dropped from a 4 touchdown fav all the way down to a 3.

Bad news for my Tigers for sure! On the other hand, will show what the backups are worth. The bookies must not think he is the team.....the line dropped from a 4 touchdown fav all the way down to a 3.

Although a true freshman backup, he was the cream of the crop out of HS. Always nice to have top notch backups and a deep bench. Whereas my team is 24 point under-dogs in our matchup this weekend. :oops:

I also read on SI that there is a slim chance Lawrence’s 10 day quarentine might be up the day before, or morning of, the ND game. Not sure what that would mean though with no practice/prep, or depending on physical condition (not sure he has any symptoms or just positive?).

I hope that is the way it works out. While just a few days ago, I wasn't worried about ND things have changed! If they easily handle BC then my worry meter will drop somewhat.

Be thankful Clemson isn't in the B1G.
21 days out is totally INSANE!!!!!

Kahuna, your Turtles are looking very good so far tonight!
Damn 14 pts already!!! Ha! Tell me is that the best helmet in college football?!? That's the Maryland state flag.....

Maryland has no run defense.....

Ouch! going from up 21-7 to giving up 28 unanswered points.

45-44 Maryland in OT!!! Good comeback! Never give up! Ha!!! Prob still can't hang with the big boys but they never stopped playing tonight!

Woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was... Doggone that was a great game!

Let's hope for a few more like that today.

Back