2020 Fall Football Thread

So, I guess my Tigers are back. Football has a weird way of flip-flopping, So I will try and hold my tongue.....chances are it won't work.

Notre Dame-12 Pitt-7

Clemson-52 Pitt-17

Be afraid little green men..........be very afraid

I guess back to back flea-flickers could be considered a "In yo face moment". Pitt runs a FF that ends with a interception, 2 plays later Clemson runs the same play for a touchdown.

I guess back to back flea-flickers could be considered a "In yo face moment". Pitt runs a FF that ends with a interception, 2 plays later Clemson runs the same play for a touchdown.
It's Clemson vs Pitt, of course the Tigers will put on a clinic. That sounds snarky, but it's really a compliment. Your team is that good.

I think the MSU vs. Ohio St. game is going to end up getting canceled. I am reading OSU is in the double digits with player Covid postives currently via SI and ESPN.

For us, likely averting another loss on the field. However, for Ohio St, that will cost them the chance to play in the Big Ten championship due to not having played enough games to qualify. Devastating on their end since they are the best team in the conference.

I don't like the idea of having a CFP, there are several key teams that probably won't play enough games to get in. Who wants a trophy with with a ** on it. Now on the brighter side how of you feel the Meyer is Texas Bound??

You know what rumors are worth, but this one started with him being seen on the UT campus. 2 days later his wife was reported to be house shopping in the Austin area

Urban Meyer? Thought he was a tool ever since he was at Florida. Too conveniently turns a blind eye to problems in his programs and with his player in the name of winning. No respect for him whatsoever.

I agree with you 100%. I don't know where this rock is that the Bucknuts keep finding their coaches, but Day seems to be from the same place. While I will admit they were the better team in the playoffs last year, it's the final score that counts. I'm not sure........has he stopped whining yet?

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of Meyer or Tressel, but I do like Day. He knows how to take the doubt out of a game when possible. The wolverines are terrible and regardless if OSU misses one more game due to cancellation they are done anyhow. Looks like that is a possibility now.

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of Meyer or Tressel, but I do like Day. He knows how to take the doubt out of a game when possible. The wolverines are terrible and regardless if OSU misses one more game due to cancellation they are done anyhow. Looks like that is a possibility now.

I liked Cooper and Tressel. Trying to keep an open mind about Day, but have doubts because of his connection with Meyer. That said, Day obviously seems to be maintaining both recruiting success and coaching quality, so that’s great for OSU...maybe not so great for my Spartans. Ha, ha.

And that will be a complete and utter shame. The only thing that would be worse is if the league tries and change the rules in an attempt to get the Bucknuts in the playoffs. You grew it......you chew it.

And that will be a complete and utter shame. The only thing that would be worse is if the league tries and change the rules in an attempt to get the Bucknuts in the playoffs. You grew it......you chew it.
We are already seeing an absence of consistency in how the NFL is handling postponing/not postponing from one team to another.
Most certain to happen at NCAA level as well.

We are already seeing an absence of consistency in how the NFL is handling postponing/not postponing from one team to another.
Most certain to happen at NCAA level as well.
As a Steelers fan this is very true! The league let the Ravens delay the game for almost a week but made Denver play with a practice squad QB. I never will understand these types of decisions, Goodell needs to go!

Back