2020 Fall Football Thread

It's early, but it appears B1G has some good roundball teams!
Oh yeah real early. MD lost so many people from last year they're not even ranked.

Holy crap.
Tied at half with Wake Forest in a off-brand mayonnaise bowl.
What went wrong with my poor Badgers?

Holy crap.
Tied at half with Wake Forest in a off-brand mayonnaise bowl.
What went wrong with my poor Badgers?
You were worried for nothing......

Maryland hung with an excellent Michigan team for 3/4"s of the game. Went cold for about 5 or 6 minutes and that was it. Michigan was relentless. Good game!

Oh oh down 21. But there's a whole quarter left........

I was critical of ND and OSU being in the playoff. ND played as expected against Bama. However, Ohio State looked great against Clemson. I stand corrected about the Buckeyes.

Congratulations to the winners that advance onto the championship. They both looked worthy in their games yesterday. Gotta go Big Ten with Ohio State at this point. Wondering how Fields is doing after that hit and injury he had in the first half? Hoping he can be 100% against the Crimson Tide!

Even if he's still hurting, he proved last night that he can play hurt.
I couldn't believe when he played that final series of the first half.
Tuff SOB!

I couldn't believe when he played that final series of the first half.
Tuff SOB!
No doubt!!! My wife and I were stunned given the hit, and level of pain he seemed to be in. I knew he was good, but last night Fields earned every bit my respect as a player. And after that, you know the rest of the team will be ready to go to battle with him. That said, Bama is Bama. To beat them, you need everything you got, and a few good breaks here and there.

OSU can do it if they play like they played last night. But putting up back to back performances like is not very common.

No doubt!!! My wife and I were stunned given the hit, and level of pain he seemed to be in. I knew he was good, but last night Fields earned every bit my respect as a player. And after that, you know the rest of the team will be ready to go to battle with him.........
And you have to give him credit for being an upstanding athlete and person for refusing to answer the post game questions about Dabo rating OSU at #11 in the coaches poll. Class act!

Is it safe to come out yet? Really want to be sure their ain't a bucknut out there waiting to continue the beating. Boy what a beating that was!! I have been following Clemson football since the early 70's and that was one of the worst floggings I can remember. Clemson scores on their 1st two possessions, just enough to give me that "here we go again" feeling. It must have also been enough to wake the Bucknut's up. My Tigers were soundly from that point on. I will now say something I could not have imagined as Alabama has been the enemy for so long. ROLL TIDE

I was critical of ND and OSU being in the playoff. ND played as expected against Bama. However, Ohio State looked great against Clemson. I stand corrected about the Buckeyes.

Congratulations to the winners that advance onto the championship. They both looked worthy in their games yesterday. Gotta go Big Ten with Ohio State at this point. Wondering how Fields is doing after that hit and injury he had in the first half? Hoping he can be 100% against the Crimson Tide!
The Buckeyes were able to score TD's this year, it would have been a similar outcome last year if the FG's were converted to TD's. With that said I was suspect of their defense based on the Indiana and Northwestern games, I didn't think they were good enough to beat Clemson. Not sure where the run game came from with Sermon, 331 yards in the B1G championship game and the 193 against the Tigers!!! WOW! Just wow! Holding Etienne to 32 yards was big for sure. As for Bama, OH

Boy what a beating that was!! I have been following Clemson football since the early 70's and that was one of the worst floggings I can remember.​

I think you are forgetting this from 2012:

1609778703174.png

Not the same kind of beating. Broken up Clemson players on every possession. Not taking away from your victory. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have BV as a DC and he has been just as important as anyone for the Clemson rise. Kevin Steele had to go and WVa bought his ticket.

I agree with the accolades for Justin Fields, who displayed toughness, character, leadership and maturity. I hated to see him leave Georgia, but he was too good to stay in a back-up role until Jake Fromm graduated, and Kirby Smart just wasn't going to bench the QB that got him to the title game in January, 2018 so that Justin could run the offense. The NCAA used to enforce a 1-year loss of eligibility for transfers, but that doesn't happen much anymore, and none at all with COVID hanging around. Bad for Georgia, good for Justin and Ohio State. Hoping for a close championship thriller next Monday between the Tide and the Buckeyes. Both had impressive wins to get there. I don't really care who wins, just make it interesting.

Hey Bill, Looks like your old QB, Coan, has a chip. Tx to Notre Dame and gonna play the Badgers in a big OOC next year? Axe to grind??

I think he simply wants to play, and knows Mertz is the guy at Wisconsin moving forward.
I don't think there's much of an axe to grind. In fact he was very supportive of Mertz this season.

If Mertz can find a groove and stay in it I think the Badgers will be contenders for the west, but if his play is average, they will be mediocre at best.

Back