2021 21 SLX SPS Motor Mounting

11Bravo

Reaction score
I have a 2021 SLX SPS with a Yamaha F150 and its mounted in the second hole. Looking at the Yamaha performance bulletin, it says the motor should be mounted in the first hole. Anyone have one, and where is the motor mounted?
Thanks

I have a 2021 SLX SPS with a Yamaha F150 and its mounted in the second hole. Looking at the Yamaha performance bulletin, it says the motor should be mounted in the first hole. Anyone have one, and where is the motor mounted?
Thanks
Like props, it can be a bit of an imprecise art, regardless of the bulletins. Boat model, length of boat, deck layout and weight distribution, and intended boat usage can all play a role in the more ideal motor mount height. Easy cruising, running fast in straight lines, side to side navigating under speed for water sports, etc. each can have more “ideal” motor mount heights/props. My guess is they mounted it in hole 2 for balanced all around performance handling.

I don’t have that same boat, so I am of no help on direct feedback, but I am sure others will be. I just thought I would toss this perspective out there while you get some details from other folks.

How does it perform now?

The lower you go, the less chance of ventilation and better turning ability. Trade off is speed and fuel efficiency. The higher you go, the opposite is true.

I'm at hole #3 with my 23 SSBXP but my objective is max speed and fuel efficiency - I don't pull any tubes or skis. Versus #1 I added a few MPH but more importantly about 10-15% better fuel economy. Also I'm fishing in some pretty shallow areas like mud flats so being able to run skinnier without trimming out of the water is another benefit.

As basshawk noted - how do you like its performance now? Adjust as needed.

The lower you go, the less chance of ventilation and better turning ability. Trade off is speed and fuel efficiency. The higher you go, the opposite is true.

I'm at hole #3 with my 23 SSBXP but my objective is max speed and fuel efficiency - I don't pull any tubes or skis. Versus #1 I added a few MPH but more importantly about 10-15% better fuel economy. Also I'm fishing in some pretty shallow areas like mud flats so being able to run skinnier without trimming out of the water is another benefit.

As basshawk noted - how do you like its performance now? Adjust as needed.
WOW - 10 to 15% fuel economy - that is amazing! Great detail, thank you for sharing.

Back