2050 GL - Access to Battery

J Pannu

Reaction score
Was hoping someone may be able to help me. The battery on my 2008 2050GL went dead. I would like to remove it for charging or replacing. The boat is at a slip. Is it possible for me to access and remove/replace the battery while the boat is at the slip ? If so, how is the battery accessed ? Do I have to remove the seat or seat back behind which the battery is located ? Or do I have to climb back in the area between the outboard below the small deck ?

thanks for your help

You can definitely remove it while it is in the slip. On my 2001 Benny, the battery was on a tray inside the transom in front of the motor. Had to bend over the rail to attach / detach cables and remove it so it was not super convenient. My 2011 Benny has the battery under the rear lounger on the port side. Very easy to access.

my 2250 gl, 2010 year you flip up the rear seat cushion and the battery is there inside a plastic storage box easy access for sure.
Thank you for the response. Are you referring to the sundeck pad cushion that is attached with springs or something else ? Does one have to lean over the rails to lift out the battery ? Is it difficult to lift out a heavy battery this way ? Any tools to make the task simpler ? Appreciate if you have any photographs or diagrams that you can share.

Thanks for your help.

Was hoping someone may be able to help me. The battery on my 2008 2050GL went dead. I would like to remove it for charging or replacing. The boat is at a slip. Is it possible for me to access and remove/replace the battery while the boat is at the slip ? If so, how is the battery accessed ? Do I have to remove the seat or seat back behind which the battery is located ? Or do I have to climb back in the area between the outboard below the small deck ?

thanks for your help

My '09 2075 GLi was under the sun pad, but it was a one piece and the motor was outside of it (not under / in) the sun pad, looking at this video at 4:20ish, it shows it under the seat. It is a 2011, so maybe it was changed.

Back