20SLV

WLake

Reaction score
Local dealer quoted $31,745 for incoming 20SLV with a Yamaha F90. No trailer. No competition nearby. I’m assuming it’s a sellers market. Should I try and negotiate on incoming boat or see if he’ll order me one for next year at the price on Bennington website?
Thanks

Certainly a sellers market right now. Personally, I would wait a year and order exactly as I wanted, negotiating the order price. That is what we did in 2017 to maximize our purchase, albeit demand wasn’t close to now a days.

If you wait until late fall, into early winter, you can usually maximize negotiating price and combine it with incentives and sometimes even boat show prices directly with dealerships. If you just cannot wait out this summer, then at least try to negotiate a price with them. Without comptetition they very well might say ”no”, but no way to know that until you try.

I’m inclined to wait and order for next year. I’m guessing boat shows will be virtual if that’s even possible.
thanks.

According to other people who have commented on the SLV series on various threads, there really isn't much for negotiations on these boats.

I would pay the price on the Bennington site for my build. $26k plus approximately $1500 for freight and prep. Even $28k would be fair. In our area of NW Connecticut we have 1 Sweetwater and 1 Bennington dealer.

My understanding is as someone else mentioned on another post, I thought the SLV was supposed to be no haggle. That said, my ASSumption has been it also doesn’t have a mark up. If they are marking it up, I would be trying to haggle back down to MSRP on it. Either way, I would not pay that much for that boat. I would wait, or really look hard at something used. If you have the ability to tow long distance, maybe do a search with a huge radius and travel to buy the boat - new or used. Many on here have done that over the years too.

We just bought our 2021 20SFV with a Mercury 90CT and Bear trailer (single axle) for $27,995 on July 3rd. We got ours from White's Marine in Pittsburg Missouri. They still have a 2020 listed on their site but it's been sold since the end of June, they just gave us that same price for a 2021 coming in that was equipped the same. Midwest Marine in Harrisonville Missouri has a similar one they are selling with the Yamaha F90 pretty close to the same price as ours after the cost of the trailer (but we wanted the Mercury). First boat purchase for us and we were surprised that Bennington had a line that cost less than comparable Sun Trackers and Rangers in our area, especially with Bass Pro HQ being only a couple of hours away in Springfield.

Nice, and congrats!

I was looking at the 20SLV with Yamaha 90, and my local dealer said they might get a hankerin' to experiment a bit by trying to affix an EPP and Wavetamer underskinning on one, if a customer wants to shell out the $2500-3000 for it. Would make for one heck of a nice budget-conscious tritoon, if do-able.

There are tons of options that can be dealer added/swapped for the SV series available on the S series, such as the full docking/nav light assemblies, double bimini (probably custom at that point), bow table, steering wheel upgrade, hydraulic steering/tilt, fence rail mounted fishing rod holder, etc.
LOTS of expandability potential!

After our first weekend with the wind making the water pretty choppy, and a few of the wife's family members on the boat, I really started to consider asking our dealer about the EPP and wave shield package. I looked around online too at other options like the Water Glide and the plastic 3rd toon kit from Pontoon Wholesalers. I'll be scouring the forums for any info I can find on adding a 3rd toon!

Somebody sold Milkman a boat that is not right for him.
I know that salesman sell a price point but it is sad that they don't try to sell you what you need. It takes a good person to ask you what your needs are and then be honest that you cannot get it for that price. My private rant.

Somebody sold Milkman a boat that is not right for him.
I know that salesman sell a price point but it is sad that they don't try to sell you what you need. It takes a good person to ask you what your needs are and then be honest that you cannot get it for that price. My private rant.

I wouldn't go that far. We had a bunch of people on the boat because everyone was excited to ride on a pontoon. Since then it's just been the wife, kids, and I. I'm mostly interested in the under skin since I can feel the water surging against the frame? when we're moving through choppy water. The majority of the time we find a cove to anchor in to swim or fish.

I did underskinning on our first pontoon. Challenge for one but with some help not a big deal.

If you can find it in your local area, then you can simply get some aluminum sheeting and make it a DIY project. You'll need one or two folks to help you out if you want it to go much quicker.

Agreed, underskinning is one of the best improvements you can do

Back