21SF SPS - New Build -Rod Locker and Angler Station

Shawn

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have a couple weeks to make any desired changes to the new build. I did not order the rod locker or the angler station. Primary reason is that I keep the boat in a slip and not sure I'd like to leave rods in the locker, even if it locks. I didn't order the angler station since it would eliminate the storage and sun deck.

Anybody have these options and if so, would you order them again if you had it to do over? Rock locker is pricey for $1000. Angler station is around $500.

We did order the in-floor storage so I don't really think storage should be an issue...

I LOVE my 22SSXAPG, and I wouldn't be without the angler station, but fishing is important to me. I do not have the rod locker. I am also a big fan of the additional stern gate. I am glad to see that you ordered the center toon storage. You'll never regret that.

Our boat is party up front, fishing aft.

Enjoy your new boat!

I LOVE my 22SSXAPG, and I wouldn't be without the angler station, but fishing is important to me. I do not have the rod locker. I am also a big fan of the additional stern gate. I am glad to see that you ordered the center toon storage. You'll never regret that.

Our boat is party up front, fishing aft.

Enjoy your new boat!
Yes, fishing important to me as well. However, I think I will skip the angler station. The SF model already has 2 livewells and since we have the fishing model we lose the under seat lounge seat storage in the front. That sundeck storage area will probably come in handy. I also keep the boat in a slip so I don't want to leave tackle and such unattended - so I'll probably skip the rod locker as well. If I towed exclusively both would be options I would select.

Ok, maybe I’m mistaken in what constitutes the angler station. I thought it was the central table with rod racks and the bait live well astern, as well as the table with the larger live well and built in tackle box storage also astern. It’s been a while since I was poring over all the options...

OK, upon review, I see the differences. Your boat has captains' chairs and a live well forward that ours does not. You could skip the anglers' station; i doubt that many are gonna clean fish on their Bennies.

Back