2275 RCW rear Faux Teak flooring

mtudb24

Reaction score
Is there anything I need to do to protect the rear faux teak decking on our boat. It looks beautiful now (as its only a couple weeks old), but I assume ultraviolate light and kids walking bac and forth will start to take its toll.

Are their any sprays or protectants I should be putting on this to maintain its good looks?

Thanks

Todd

Is there anything I need to do to protect the rear faux teak decking on our boat. It looks beautiful now (as its only a couple weeks old), but I assume ultraviolate light and kids walking bac and forth will start to take its toll.

Are their any sprays or protectants I should be putting on this to maintain its good looks?

Thanks

Todd
Hi mudtub (ha!) We'll contact the supplier and let you know what they say. ;) Interesting, we saw a competitor's "faux teak" and it looks like linoleum, yuck.

We get lots of compliments on the rear deck. We also get called clark grizwald because of our underwater lights, side lights, binimi top lights, and cup holder lights while we cruise the canals at dusk.

todd

Last edited by a moderator:
We have one of the first benningtons to roll off the line with the Faux teak flooring. This is our 3rd summer with it, and honestly I just wash it down with some soapy water, and scrup with a sponge. It has held up great and looks fine.

I can't really speak for Bennington, but unless I am VERY misinformed, the fake teak is a compressed wood/rubber/binder product whose color goes all the way to the core and has UV protectants built in; which is one of the nice things about engineered products like that.

I really want to add the Faux Teak to my swim platform. My dealer wasn't exactly sure what to do with that request. So TB, since you know exactly what measurements I need, is it possible for the dealer to order the materials from you pre-cut and ready to glue down?

B)

What doesnt the dealer know what to do? Its a factory installed option

Todd

I got the impression they didn't have anybody there that had experience installing it after market. I think they historically have ordered the boat with it. I've added a grill mount to the one side of the swim platform, so that would be one bit of customization. My swim platform looks like this. I think the teak would dress it up nicely.

gallery_82_72_74982.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The material bennington uses is called "Plas-teak"

Do a search and see if there is a manafactuer website with any care instructions

Back