2275 with 150 HP

JSM

Reaction score
Does anyone have a 22' with 25" tubes and no below deck upgrades that is running a 150 HP outboard? I have a 2275 GCW that is rated 150 HP max and was thinking about upgrading to the 150 HP. However, I am curious what type of speed and performance is being obtained from this set up. Anybody?

Have you looked through the performance bulletins? 

No. Where are those? Do you think there is something in particular I should look for? I took it out last night to try a new prop. I had ordered one from Ken "prop god". I had a 13.5x10.5 Talon. Turning at best 5300 Rpm and right at 20 mph. Tonight I had a 14x10 stainless ( I know, not 115 and under) but Ken felt otherwise. I had more weight because of fuel, lake conditions about same as last test, same gear and 2 people. Turned right at 5400. Forgot my phone, asked wife to check speed on the GPS on her phone. She said 29 mph! Big smile, bought felt faster, then she looks at me and goes oh! It is on kph! What a let down! However seeing 29 felt good. Moral of the story, cheap way to get more speed, set your GPS to kph and you'll fell great. Actually I still want to hear from people with 150 and even 115 on two 25's and what they are getting or have done.

No matter what you do, without strakes you'll still be plowing through the water instead of being on top.

I also have 2275GCW with tritoon and lifting strakes and 150 Mercury 4 stroke..Top speed for me with 3 passengers is 34MPH  turning about 6000 rpm. Hope this helps

Back