22slx overall height

syester

Reaction score
I have a 22slx on order and would like to build a cartport style storage building, but I need to know the height of the boat on the trailer with the Bimini top in the upright stored position. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 12' garage door. On the trailer the boat fits with the top in the lowest position. It is over 12' in the upright position.

Different brand trailers will affect your measurements as well.

I have a 22slx on order and would like to build a cartport style storage building, but I need to know the height of the boat on the trailer with the Bimini top in the upright stored position. Any help would be appreciated.

Just bought a 22slx, I have a big garage but just measured our toon and it's 29 feet long from hitch to motor and with the cover up it's about 135 inches tall sitting on the trailer. My garage door height is 9' 9'' tall and the bahimi cover has to come down to the retrack position.

Lebeau

I have 9 ft tall doors and a 30 ft deep garage. I have to pull the windshield off tilt the seat back and remove the Bimini to make it fit! Plus I have to turn the motor sideways and push in the tongue and it rubs the door. Very tight should have done 10ft doors and 32 deep:)

I was looking at my 24' pontoon the other day. When you get'em on a trailer, even a small pontoon/tritoon is a pretty big piece of equipment.

Remember that if you keep one inside, it may be the last boat you'll ever need. They just last forever if kept dry and out of the sun. They're not cheap new, but they are a solid long term value in recreation.

I'm also picking up a new 22SLX in 2 weeks. What did you decide on for storage and how much space was needed? I thought we had enough space in our side yard to build a metal garage, but now I'm not so sure. The trailer is 29' and I'm not sure what the total width of the trailer is to make it through my fence.

Thanks

Julie

I just measured mine the other day. It's a 2275RCW, trailer has 14" tires, just over 10' tall with bimini on trailering arms, 32' from back of motor to tongue. Remember if your trailer is 29', the motor sticks out a ways past it.

Derrick

I just measured mine the other day. It's a 2275RCW, trailer has 14" tires, just over 10' tall with bimini on trailering arms, 32' from back of motor to tongue. Remember if your trailer is 29', the motor sticks out a ways past it.

Derrick
Thanks. What would the hight be with the playpen cover on?

Thanks

I have a 22SLX and a carport with a 11ft. Opening by 20 ft. Wide by 26 deep . The boat fits in with the playpen cover on and the bimini in the down position. Unfortunately the trailer sticks out 4 ft. I can't put the top up with a 12ft ceiling. You are going to have to go big.

I have a Bear tandem axle trailer with 13" tires. The trailer with a 22slx with deck extension and a 115hp measures 31' nose to tail. With the top in the trailer position (6") arms, it will fit under a 9'-4" tall wood truss with clearance. Most of the carports that I have seen at our campground have 11' sidewalks making the roof height 12' and are 12' wide.

You've been given some good indications of what to expect in length. But height is dependent upon the height of your trailer, and it's be hard to prepare a garage for one of these boats until the boat arrives.

You've been given some good indications of what to expect in length. But height is dependent upon the height of your trailer, and it's be hard to prepare a garage for one of these boats until the boat arrives.
You're right...I'll worry about it after I get the boat.

Thanks

Julie

Thanks. What would the hight be with the playpen cover on?

Thanks
Pretty much the same, they aren't higher than the bimini on short struts, pretty even I would say (just looking out my kitchen window since it is parked in the driveway right beside! :) )

Derrick

Last edited by a moderator:
If height is an issue, then there are options with the trailer. We wanted to stay under 8' high because we go on a ferry and big difference in cost if over 8' high. We got a Hoosier trailer dual torsion axles with 10" wheels. It tows great and is easy to load in shallow water with the lower bunk height.

Last edited by a moderator:
If height is an issue, then there are options with the trailer. We wanted to stay under 8' high because we go on a ferry and big difference in cost if over 8' high. We got a Hoosier trailer dual torsion axles with 8" wheels. It tows great and is easy to load in shallow water with the lower bunk height.
That's is one great thing about the smaller wheels, (launch depth) but they wouldn't work for me I don't think since I have a bit of a steep driveway at the roadway and I don't think I could back it up it with the smaller wheels, as it is, my bottom of motor is about 12-13" from the ground so I lift it up just to be sure I don't hit it on the angle. Do you have any issues with the longer boat? Do you tow it all the time or usually in a slip?

Derrick

That's is one great thing about the smaller wheels, (launch depth) but they wouldn't work for me I don't think since I have a bit of a steep driveway at the roadway and I don't think I could back it up it with the smaller wheels, as it is, my bottom of motor is about 12-13" from the ground so I lift it up just to be sure I don't hit it on the angle. Do you have any issues with the longer boat? Do you tow it all the time or usually in a slip?

Derrick
I will measure the skag clearance. I know it is enough that we never raise the motor which helps the transom on the long hauls. This trailer is for our 22' other toon.

I will measure the skag clearance. I know it is enough that we never raise the motor which helps the transom on the long hauls. This trailer is for our 22' other toon.
Ahh, I always trailer with it down, just before I pull out of my driveway, and before I back in I raise it a bit. I haven't actually tried it with motor down, too scared of the wife not yelling STOP!!!!! Loud enough! Haha

Derrick

Back