22SSRX w/Evinrude 135 HO ordered!

mikeb33

Reaction score
Went to the Milwaukee boat show yesterday. I ordered a 22 SSRX with Express Performance Package and Evinrude 135 HO. It will replace my 2008 Sweetwater 2386 RFE twin tube with an F115. Right now I can do about 25 MPH with an average of 4 people on board. I'm hoping the new one can do over 30? Mostly I'm hoping to make tubing a little more fun.
If I understand the Express Performance Package(EPS) is a 2/3 length center toon and the SPS for over $3K more is a full length and maybe a bigger diameter? I've stretched my budget to get this far, will I regret not getting SPS?
Anybody with a similar setup?

I did ,got home called the dealer and changed my order. At that time it was only $1200 difference for mine .Some of the options I had ordered on the Express were standard on the SPS .Use the boat builder and configure yours both ways .
( if you dont have it here is the link https://boat-builder.benningtonmari...SSRXDN=true&PREM/OPT=5b56d2b0d4ecb32b4501cd1c )
The thing I forgot to do was upgrade from a 150 to a 200 . Still regret that one ,and its not cost effective to upgrade it now

I have the EPP that was placed on my boat as aftermarket. IMO the EPP is great for upgrading a two toon pontoon and really helped to improve my ride. However if I was buying new I would not purchase the Express toon and would only buy the SPS

Oops. If you are doing a lot of water sports, definitely go with the most hp you can afford and the SPS!

I would ditto much of the above advice. If there is any way to get to an SPS, it is well worth it in regards to any kind of water sports and tubing. Even if only with a 115, I think it would be better than a 135 and Express Tubes. As others said, some things packaged automatically on the SPS also might hedge the $3k difference in price and make it “closer”.

Problem with ordering/buying an pontoon boat is there is ALWAYS something trying to stretch out your budget. Thus, I can appreciate already being stretched out as it is. Good luck finding that “best fit” compromise between budget and boat. :)

Thanks for the replies. It's hard to draw a line when it comes to adding more and more to a boat order. I notice you guys live on 5-10 mile long lakes or even the ocean. My area is 3 one mile long connected lakes. We don't have rough seas. There's no where I can't get to now in under 20 minutes. Of course there are some guys with 300's on their boats here too.

Based on what you stated ,do you even need the Express ?

Most folks on this board that own a tri-toon have either the SPS or EPS configuration but that's not to say that you won't be happy with the EPP, particularly coming from a pontoon. However, there's a pretty good reason those two platforms are so popular. You might also want to search this forum for a discussion on EPP as I seem to recall that some members were asking about pronounced spray that was hitting their engine. Then again, I can't remember if I had breakfast...

No matter what you decide, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Benny! Welcome and post some pictures when she arrives!

Based on what you stated ,do you even need the Express ?

Well that's why I was asking. My current Sweetwater with 2 25" tubes, lifting strakes and under skinning and F115 doesn't quite make tubing fun. Tops about 25 mph, slow wide turns, hard to slingshot. We are not "heavily" into water sports, but want the option. Most of the time it's 5-10 mph cruising with a drink and tunes on, or anchoring and swimming.

Based on your statement of a small lake ,I would not even purchase the express .If you want to bank in the turns you will need to get the SPS ,just My opinion .Also as stated above ,the express rides bow high

UPDATE!
I changed a few things. It is now a 22SSRXP premium with SPS tubes, Evinrude 135 HO extended rear deck, in floor storage, HD rub rails, ski tow bar, luxury recliners(s), Kicker speaker and stereo. Spent about $3K more than my original build, but seems liek a solid build.
Thanks for the advice!

UPDATE!
I changed a few things. It is now a 22SSRXP premium with SPS tubes, Evinrude 135 HO extended rear deck, in floor storage, HD rub rails, ski tow bar, luxury recliners(s), Kicker speaker and stereo. Spent about $3K more than my original build, but seems liek a solid build.
Thanks for the advice!

You wont regret switching from the Express to the SPS hull. The SPS is a large improvement. Enjoy it when it comes in and you have boating weather.

Last edited:
UPDATE!
Thanks for the advice!
Very Nice! Congrats, you'll enjoy it!

Bang for buck (pun intended) HD rub rails is a very good investment!!!

Back