22SSRX w/Evinrude 135 HO ordered!

I told the salesman that knowing what I know now, I would order it differently. He said then that's what I should do. He did say it will probably be the 4th of July before I get it.
So I will eliminate the elevated helm and change to a Yamaha 150.

Sounds like the dealership/salesperson is working with you, and that you have a clear vision for how to fineTOON the next order. Happy that when you eventually get it, it will be the right boat for you. Worth the wait for the right boat.

I think you’ll be very happy with that decision. We bought our 23ssbxp last year and went with a 150hp Merc. I’m glad I didn’t go with 1 hp less. In fact I kind of wish I would’ve sprung for the 200hp but had to draw the line somewhere.

I think you’ll be very happy with that decision. We bought our 23ssbxp last year and went with a 150hp Merc. I’m glad I didn’t go with 1 hp less. In fact I kind of wish I would’ve sprung for the 200hp but had to draw the line somewhere.

It so stinks drawing those darn lines!!! :(:D

To bad your salesperson had no clue about what they were selling. If you could afford to go up to a 150 then he/she should have showed you the G2 150HO (FYI just because the 135HO puts out 148 doesn't mean its in the same category as the 150. It is totally different, you go from V4 to a V6). It will by far outperform that Yamaha and price wise it is the same price right now with the $1000 rebate, but you will get digital shift and throttle compared to Yamaha's mechanical, no clunk when you shift it into gear. Also being able to match your motor panels to the boat is fun.

Yahama will be a great motor and perform just as well as the Evinrude.

Just to clarify the 135HO is a V6 nd i will bet u cant tell much difference between a Yamaha 150 of any 4 stroke 150hp. Dont let that b the deal breaker, that Etec should b propped around 5400-5500rpms with that load. Tell dealer to swap props up 2 pitch and u will b around 38-40mph, its slightly over propped, u wanna b 5800-5900 with just 1 person in boat max wot but I usually rigged around 56-5700rpm wot. Not saying a 150hp upgrade was not worth it but just dont pen your hopes on it. I compared all 3 motors on exact same setup, same boat, same everything 2018 models. Not really much difference at all..

Last edited:
Sounds like it will all work out. Sounds like your dealer is working with you too. The Yamaha 150 is bullit proof.

Well maybe not. The marina chain has multiple locations. I placed the order with a guy I met at the boat show. When it was delivered to my local marina and I found the issues, I spoke to the on site guy who was cool.
Today I spoke with the boat show guy who said "You customized a boat and it was made. You can use the seat slider for the steering wheel issue and pay for a larger motor upgrade".
After a little more talk he said he would talk to the owner. Also that it wouldn't be built until July and there's a price increase since the boat show. He had cut me a really good discount on this boat, I worry that he may not try that hard on the next.

Back