23’ SPS w 115? Is the In Floor Storage lockable?

If you are replacing the front fishing chairs with reclining helm seats that is a great choice. We have them and they are great.

I will help you spend more of your money. What about power steering?

Semper, think about that last statement you made. Do you really believe that? :D

Only if you check off every option ...... ;)
That's what we did with our build. If I even thought I'd want it, I checked it off. Other than ellipticals which would be way overkill on our lake, and a big motor (not allowed) I can't think of anything we would add.

Do it now, it's much cheaper than later!!

Last edited:
My order is in!!! What an experience. We were planning to purchase a 23SSX with Dual Stern Gates. I had requested the CAD drawing for this boat and I discovered that there was only 12” of space between the Aft seat and the Helm??? This was caused by the expansion of the fishing area on this particular model. Had an extensive conversation with Bennington about moving the Port side L-shaped seating back 9” to improve spacing but couldn’t get a satisfactory answer. So at the last minute we downsized to the 22SSX which has a much better seating layout but smaller Aft fishing area. We will be crusing most of the time.

I did take your advice (BOLD)... Express Performance Package, 150 Yamaha, In Floor Storage, Double Bimini Top w LED lighting, Seagrass Flooring, Kicker Speaker and Radio upgrade (no sub), Simrad GPS G05 Plotter, Pillowtop Diamond Press Upholstery (wife), 3 Portable Cupholders (wife), Stainless Steel Ladder, Bow Gate Seat, Seastar Hydraulic Steering w Tilt, Dual Battery w Switch, Adjustable Height Pedestal Helm base, 46” Ski Pylon, Privacy Enclosure (wife), Freshwater Washdown, SS Docking Lights, Heavy Duty Rub Rail w RR Protectors and Black Insert, Yamaha Salt Water Anoide Protection, Lifting Strakes Sealed and lastly Sharkhide Protection. Exterior color was Champagne w Black Accent and Black Bimini and the interior is Sandstone w Driftwood accent.... Whew! I don’t think I missed many checkmarks on the Build Sheet.

I want to thank all the contributors and advisors in this process. Now the wait begins! Looking like middle January,

Last edited:
I love that tilt wheel on mine. Makes for easy steering when I’m standing, going through the canals. Congrats on the boat.

I will help you spend more of your money. What about power steering?

I am waiting to see how she handles without power steering. I’ve read on this forum that the power steering pump can be added to the Seastar Hydraulic Steering system.

I am waiting to see how she handles without power steering. I’ve read on this forum that the power steering pump can be added to the Seastar Hydraulic Steering system.
But then you don't get the 10 year warranty, which is something to think about.:rolleyes:

Scrap the bimini lights and get the P/S.

Wait a minute. There’s a 10x difference between Bimini lights and P/S. I still want the lights but I have decided to add the. Power Assist Hydraulic Steering. I seem to have “checked” nearly every box for our build. BUT, I can’t wait to get my hands on this boat.

You will never regret power steering. It is the key to top performance with SPS tritoon package.

Dan, being in FL can't you water test a boat with and without power assist? It might make the decision a lot easier.

Dan, being in FL can't you water test a boat with and without power assist? It might make the decision a lot easier.

I tested a 115 without PS and it seemed fine. But I haven’t run one with a 150. So I have decided to go ahead a get the PS AND keep the Bimini lights also.

I am the guy who thinks of resale down the road. I think a 150 will help when that time comes. My 2 cents worth.
For what ever it is worth, discussions with my dealer on resale went like this: The best motor for a 22' is the 150 vs the 115, 175 and even 200 versions. Seems this dealer nicks all but the 150's pretty hard because he has a difficult time moving them on the used market.

I’m not surprised - very versatile motor, particularly on a 22’. I think the market area also plays a huge role in resale value, but not sure how big of a deal that is with sites like boattrader.com these days (or even more so down the road).

Last edited:
You will never regret power steering. It is the key to top performance with SPS tritoon package.
He listed the express, not SPS. I'd ditch the bow filler seat too.

He listed the express, not SPS. I'd ditch the bow filler seat too.

The first post in this thread reads that he purchased an SPS with a 115. That is what I was responding too. I saw that he changed to express.

Sorry, I didn't go that far back.

Back