23RFBA delivery in days; couple questions

PRaudio

Reaction score
My new 23RFBA ESP/300hp is arriving at the dealer soon, so I spoke to the rigger and I'm a bit concerned regarding his understanding of prop pitch. He stated they would test the boat and shoot for 6000 rpm WFO lightly loaded (which makes sense), but then stated he would increase the pitch if RPM's were too low or it needed a better hole-shot. That is opposite of how I thought it works. On top of that, they don't have much experience with heavier Q's and R's compared to SX's. Hoping Bennington provides guidance.

Couple questions:
- Any recommended starting points for a R23/ESP/300 all around prop? Elevation is 795.
- I asked if it was wise to do full throttle tests in the first two hours of break-in and he stated it wouldn't be an issue. Thoughts?

I hate to micromanage, but...

Forgot to ask, any suggested mounting height?

You are correct to be wary. DO NOT accept it at delivery if you are not happy with the prop they put on. I ASSume you will be taking a pre-delivery test run.

My dealer told me they would try 3 different props before selecting one for delivery. That was pure B.S. Fortunately, they let me return the one they "guessed" at for a more suitable prop.

I have a 2018 23RSFB with a 300 Yamaha and ESP. The prop from the dealer is a 15 pitch x 15 3/4. New the boat topped out at 44MPH and now that the bottom is dirty we can get up to about 41, but it's got a heck of a hole shot. Frankly i was hoping for faster, so i've been meaning to try out a 17 pitch to see if i like that better.

I appreciate the prop input. What is everyone's thoughts regarding WOT so early in the break in? I'm thinking of telling the dealer I'd bring it back after hour-two for them to evaluate the prop selection.

I appreciate the prop input. What is everyone's thoughts regarding WOT so early in the break in? I'm thinking of telling the dealer I'd bring it back after hour-two for them to evaluate the prop selection.
You can go WOT in 5 minute intervals after the first hour of proper break in. After two hours, drive it like you stole it.

My new 23RFBA ESP/300hp is arriving at the dealer soon, so I spoke to the rigger and I'm a bit concerned regarding his understanding of prop pitch. He stated they would test the boat and shoot for 6000 rpm WFO lightly loaded (which makes sense), but then stated he would increase the pitch if RPM's were too low or it needed a better hole-shot. That is opposite of how I thought it works. On top of that, they don't have much experience with heavier Q's and R's compared to SX's. Hoping Bennington provides guidance.

Couple questions:
- Any recommended starting points for a R23/ESP/300 all around prop? Elevation is 795.
- I asked if it was wise to do full throttle tests in the first two hours of break-in and he stated it wouldn't be an issue. Thoughts?

Couple questions:

I have a 2019 R23CWA ESP with a 300 Yamaha. It’s propped with a 15 1/2 x 17 SWll mounted in the first hole. Max RPM’s 5800 and 48MPH, good hole shot and performs very well.

my 2020 23R w/ a 250 SHO will easliy hit 45. Still breaking it in but I believe it will do more.

My guess is you land on a 16 or 17 pitch swsII prop. I’d mount in the lowest position. I’ve moved my up a hole and really have seen no positive changes.

Awesome Bennington!

Looks Good! What did you end up with for prop selection and mounting height?
I asked if he not perform WOT test until had a couple hours and just throw a 15 1/2 x 17 SWll mounted in the first hole for now (as some here use). It is in the top hole (motor dropped low), so I assume that is the "first hole"... or was the motor suppose to be in highest position?

Your good in the lowest setting. Good starting point. Some guys have moved several holes and claim to have increased performance. I’ve gone up one position and will move it back down next time I have it out of the water. Did nothing positive for the way we use our boat (lots of water sports). Enjoy the boat. Sure is sweet

Back