23RSB Factory Rear Cover fills with water

Cooltuna

Reaction score
I have a new 23RSB and the rear factory cover fills with water. Has anyone had this issue and how to solve it?

Are you using the cover  strap over your bimini ?

I have a new 23RSB and the rear factory cover fills with water. Has anyone had this issue and how to solve it?

I am assuming you have the swingback rail installed. I have the same issue in that water collects because of the rail. I haven't 100% solved it, but made it better by looping the strap across the bimini taking it from under the bimini toward the bow and looping it across the top of the bimini and coming down the stern side. This has a straighter pull on the cover. 

Also helps if you slide it as far to the starboard side as possible. My next solution will be to cut a stiff pool noodle a few inches higher than the rail and stand it up under the "puddle" like a pole.

Not sure if this helps but here is a link to a discussion about straps and pooling water.  Scroll down in the link and you will see a good photo from Jack showing how he has his straps.  pulling up the sections where water pools.  

When I had our new cover made the installer added another pole in the back in front of the stern door where water would pool from time to time when it rained real hard and fast.

My suggestion to you guys. If the strap doesn't work to your satisfaction have another pole added in the off season......

Back