23RSFB - Power Steering Noise

PierSki

Reaction score
We purchased a 2018 23 RSFB in the spring and every since the first ride the steering makes a high pitch growl when turning the wheel. Took it in for the 20 hours checkup and mechanic said this is normal for this type of hydraulic system. Are others noticing this noise as well?

Thanks in Advance.

I have the same issue, called the dealer and he said the same thing. Its normal. Its very annoying, even if you just touch the steering it make that howl. People in front can hear it, even with radio at talking volume. I may have thought twice about it if I heard it first.

I have about 10 hours on my 2019 - 23SSRXP and I've noticed the same noise. I was told to expect it by the dealer when I picked it up. Beyond being a bit annoying I don't think there's anything wrong.

Normal. And I don't hear it anymore. I've gotten used to it.

Same with me, it’s there but I rarely hear it anymore.

No whine with mine but perhaps I've got a different system. Sounds like maybe time to upgrade the stereo system! Just kidding. I'm really surprised to hear that such a thing is considered normal and okay. Seems like such a thing could be engineered differently to me. Good luck and I hope you find a solution one way or the other.

No whine with mine but perhaps I've got a different system. Sounds like maybe time to upgrade the stereo system! Just kidding. I'm really surprised to hear that such a thing is considered normal and okay. Seems like such a thing could be engineered differently to me. Good luck and I hope you find a solution one way or the other.
I believe your power steering is part of your engine, inside the cowl.

My pump is under the lounger so I have it faintly but I could understand if it’s under the helm.

I installed ours inside the helm and it's not that bad.

Just wanted to update after trip to the dealer. He did replace helm unit. Claims this one has larger orifices. Don't know if its a recall or not but it fixed the problem 100%.

We have abit of noise but unless I listen for It I rarely hear it.

Mine has a whine and so does my buddies.

I can hear mine only when going slow and it is not loud at all. It reminds me how much I like my Power Steering :).

Last edited:
Back