24 Cruise/Fish with ESP & 250hp SHO

Bork

Reaction score
Buying my first Benny. It was someone else’s custom build but they had some rough luck and could not buy it anymore. Never been titled.

Intended use is fishing with the kids and cruising with about 10 people. Will spend winter in pine island Sound,FL and summer in the lakes of Ohio maybe even Lake Erie.

2017 24SSNPXAPGP
Smokey Granite with Black Accent
Smokey Granite Dual Bimini (lighted)
Premium pillow top 20% cutout Sandstone cushions with Driftwood accents
bow seat
Deluxe Bass Seats
Woven vinyl slate flooring
Dimensional logo

ESP Package
Yamaha 250hp SHO
SS prop & 25” Shaft
Power assist steering
Wave tamer to bow
Sharkhide
Reclining/Bolstered Helm chair (G)

In tube gas tank and storage
52” ski pylon
RGB toe,cups, and speaker
Trapezoid table
4 step ladder
Pop up cleats
SS dock light housing
Dual battery w switch
Heavy duty RR

I am having them add...
Salt water anodes
Fishing Rod storage locker
Simrod flush-mounted

My questions are...

1) Is there anything I’m missing that can be easily added now?

2) Does anyone have a ESP cruise and fish. What type of performance should I expect?

3) understanding outboard mounting has effects but with the ESP and 250 what is the estimated draft?

Thanks for reading and all the great info I have already got from reading the threads over the last months.

Bork

Welcome to the family, and that sounds like a beautiful boat. It should in the mid to upper 40's.

Welcome and congratulations! Sounds like an awesome build. I've got a G 2574 ESP with a 250 and top out at around 40MPH with a rather full gas tank and three or four passengers so you should do a bit better than that. Not really sure about draft but ours floats pretty high with the extra tube. Maybe 14" but that's just a guess. Hope that helps but I'm sure others will weigh-in on your questions so be patient.

2. My 22' 150hp sps hits upper 30s with a load, that set up should rock, I'd say upper 40s easy. Where are you going to boat in Ohio?

Sounds like a great boat!! Unless it’s changed that should be an SPS boat with the 250 tag, you haven’t been able to get an S series boat with an ESP hull before. My 24 w/200 does 42mph all day long ands a HO model does 45-46. I would think with a 250sho motor you’d be pushing high 40’s. Best of luck with your new boat!!

Welcome aboard!
Simrad is great for mapping, not the greatest fish finder though. If I was avid fisher, I’d swap mine but it’s ok for what I do.
Looks like a sweet build ..... PICS ARE MANDATORY!!

Thanks for all the feedback and welcomes.

MattB- I have no idea yet on lakes in Ohio but I would love some recommendations. I live in Columbus and know of Buckeye, Choctaw, and the reservoirs but that is about it. Would like a place to take the kids tubing and do some fishing/cruising.

adkboater- It was custom made with ESP and you are correct it is not a regular option. The dealer said they made a special order and Bennington made it custom for them. It was actually exactly what I wanted...higher performance in a long cruise and fish.

SEMPERFI- I want it primarily for charts and navigation as the pine Island sound area has a lot of shallows and tricky channels leading to the barrier islands. I do however want a good fish finder so maybe that is something I can add on a side mount.

On another note it is great to see all the veterans on here! 17 years Army for me.

Bork

Army ..... what’s that .... Hooyah??
Thanks for your service!!

Hate to say it but my Garmin 53DV was better for BOTH but screen resolution wasn’t as nice. I’d look at better map/fish options out there and do flush mount in helm.

So esp on an s? There is a god! Pics please!

So esp on an s? There is a god! Pics please!
I looked and there is a SPS plus which is rated for a 250. Couldn't find where ESP was offered.

Just an FYI, I'm not sure a ski pylon is an option on an SPS plus, so kind of defeats some of the purpose of a 250 on the SPS. If considering, you may want to make sure you confirm your options on that.

Just an FYI, I'm not sure a ski pylon is an option on an SPS plus, so kind of defeats some of the purpose of a 250 on the SPS. If considering, you may want to make sure you confirm your options on that.
I just looked and the ski pylon is an option.

Cwag- It was/is not an available option it was a special custom order (someone else made the order and Bennington built it but the customer could not take the delivery because of a hardship). I found it and purchased it.

It has the 52” ski pylon.

Pics will follow once I get them downloaded.

I just looked and the ski pylon is an option.
Good to know. My dealer must had gotten an early SPS plus and indicated it was an issue on a build he ordered when they first came out. Glad to hear they must have that figured out.

Cwag- It was/is not an available option it was a special custom order (someone else made the order and Bennington built it but the customer could not take the delivery because of a hardship). I found it and purchased it.

It has the 52” ski pylon.

Pics will follow once I get them downloaded.
So you have ESP on an "S"?

Back