24 SSL

A little late on getting in on this thread. My RL2550 (2005) has strakes on both sides, all three tubes. I have noticed some of the newer (2010's maybe), have no strakes on the outside of the outer tubes but do have them on the inside of the outer ones. I also think they stop a few feet short of the back. TB, does this mean six strakes are not needed? Would love to know the engineering anaylisis on this. Steve

A little late on getting in on this thread. My RL2550 (2005) has strakes on both sides, all three tubes. I have noticed some of the newer (2010's maybe), have no strakes on the outside of the outer tubes but do have them on the inside of the outer ones. I also think they stop a few feet short of the back. TB, does this mean six strakes are not needed? Would love to know the engineering anaylisis on this. Steve
Lakebum, we've been adjusting the position and length of strakes and foils for years...always enhancing the ride! The engineering depends on the performance package and options selected. Currently, ESP gets "foils", inside each outer tube, placed inside so that the boat will grab and bank. ESP gets "strakes" on both sides of the center 32" elliptaical tube.

The Express package, designed for improved lift and speed, but not banking, gets "strakes" on the center tube only. Lifting strakes are optional for the outside tubes.

You will see 25" pontoon boats with or without strakes, 32" elliptical pontoons with or without strakes, Express packages with and without strakes, and ESP boats with foils/strakes...in other words, you will see lots of variations among your Bennington friends! All based on personal preference and what the pocketbook can withstand!

Back