24 SSR vs 2250 GSR

Bull

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Been boating for 25 yrs but pontoons are new to me and there are to many dam options.

Hope to pull the trigger next week.........

We are looking at the 24 SSR and the 2250 GSR....Any thoughts on the two would be appreciated.

I am thinking on placing a 115 Yamaha on the back, but my inner kid really want a tripple with a 150 (unlikely to be pulling anything).

Anything else I should be considering..........

Thanks in advance for your time

Bull

Semper-Fi

Welcome and thanks for serving. We have a 2275rl and love it. It'about the only model I can speak for but they're all nice. If you're boating on a larger lake I would seriously think about 3 tubes and a 150, it's what we have and wouldn' go to a 2 log. Our lake is 35,000 acres.

Squam lake is about 7000 acres and as non-comercial as it gets.

I bet there may be 10-15 tripple-tune decks on the lake.

There is lots of info on here regarding a 115 vs a 150 If you can do it go with the 150. I have a G and liked the seats better than the S that we looked at but it does have a lot of upgrades. And an S can be as nice as G just as a G can be as nice as an R as (well you get the picture). Look through the book and use Bennington's website. We also went with the eliptical toons rather than a triple. But I think I would have been happy with either. Our biggest thing was what we found in stock at the dealers rather than ordering but that was just us.

Good luck and welcome. This is the place for the best advice and info you can find. Lots of good people with lots of good information.

David

Welcome aboard Jarhead !!!!! I'd say go to build a boat and start building. After 30 or so, you'll have it narrowed down. We started with a S, decided to upgrade to a G, then bought a leftover R. The ONE thing I could not do without, is my elevated helm. I'd be willing to go to a loaded S as long as I have a elevated helm. Next years S has so many options now !!!!!

OOH RAH !!!!!

Well...........

Today the Mrs and I spent some more time with the dealer.....

Looks like we are leaning towards the GSR, but finding the set-up we want may be problematic.

I am thinking of a 115 on 32's as it may be the perfect compromise for our lake.

Trouble is he only has a 90 ( 2-25's) or 150 ( Tripple)

Meeting again tomorrow to drive the 115 with 32's....

Again, thanks for any additional input....Sorry for the noobish questions..

Bull

Last edited by a moderator:
The twin ellipticals with an F150 is an amazingly soft riding boat with excellent 40mph+ top speed.

GET THE 150 OR more!! Even if your not going to be pulling a tube, you'll regret getting the 115 even if your hauling anyone but your self. Ours performance drops significantly with even 2 extra adults on board. Do it right the first time and get a triple toon with at least a 150. As for the S vs. the G. You can't go wrong with either one.

When I made my decision, resale was one of the factors.

Trigger pulled for the GSR with a 150 Tripple with all that lifting stuff.

Ended getting the showroom model that has all the bells and whilstles.

I am sure I will have a few questions as I get into the opperation, but thanks for all the help.

Bull

Semper-Fi

PS...anyone interested in a kidney ?

Welcome to the family!

Welcome to the sickness! Whatever you do, don't listen to anything a certain member named Derrick says. It will only lead you to ruin.

Some say, he bleeds maple syrup, and he sleeps on his Benny, all we know is he's called the Derrick (Watching too much top gear lately!) Congrats on the new boat by the way. You'll love the sps and the 150. Makes me jealous and post pics or it isn't true!

Not quite sure who you all are referring to, but he has the same name as me and sounds like one heck of a guy!!

Bull, I sincerely hope you realize just how good that decision was to go with the 150 and SPS... Perfect vaccine for PADS.

YUP, what lakeliving said ....PICS OR IT AINT TRUE !!!!! :)

Oh yeah, welcome to the family (sickness) :D

Not a kidney Bull but could use a new liver since I got into boating 4 years ago

Congrats Bull! You're going to love it!!

Back