24SLI vs 22GCW

GWDawg1

Reaction score
I am in a good dilema. I have the choice of a 24SLI with Express Tube and Yamaha 150 or a 22GCW with 2 tubes, lifting strakes and 115 Yamaha. Same price, both are at the limit of my finances. What do I do? Any suggestions,helpful hints, anything will help me, I cannot decide. Which one will perform best? We will cruise a lot, pull a tube for the grandkids occaisonally.

I am in a good dilema. I have the choice of a 24SLI with Express Tube and Yamaha 150 or a 22GCW with 2 tubes, lifting strakes and 115 Yamaha. Same price, both are at the limit of my finances. What do I do? Any suggestions,helpful hints, anything will help me, I cannot decide. Which one will perform best? We will cruise a lot, pull a tube for the grandkids occaisonally.
I too was faced with the same set of circumstances while looking at the same exact boats! I went with the 2275 GCW with the 115hp because I loved the style and upgrade of the GCW, plus the 2275 is actually 24ft long so I was not losing length despite the model number implying it is a 22 foot boat. The rear deck is wonderful to swim off of and I like the helm being more toward the center of the boat for viability.

I just posted tonight an little issue that I am looking at with the boats ability to plane, but I am hoping I have the issue figured out (see my post labled "Lifing Strake Question"). I think the 115hp should be just fine. I cant imagine that 35 more hp would change performance that much but it might with the express tube upgrade.

I had the same choice. Picked up the 24SLI today. I liked the Yamaha F150 and the 3rd tube. I checked into fexibilty and upgrades and there really is not much difference. If Bennington does not have it someone else does. The 150 makes a huge difference.

I had the same choice. Picked up the 24SLI today. I liked the Yamaha F150 and the 3rd tube. I checked into fexibilty and upgrades and there really is not much difference. If Bennington does not have it someone else does. The 150 makes a huge difference.
You bought the boat I was looking at in Columbus.

I am in a good dilema. I have the choice of a 24SLI with Express Tube and Yamaha 150 or a 22GCW with 2 tubes, lifting strakes and 115 Yamaha. Same price, both are at the limit of my finances. What do I do? Any suggestions,helpful hints, anything will help me, I cannot decide. Which one will perform best? We will cruise a lot, pull a tube for the grandkids occasionally.
Wow Dawg,

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. It sure would be great if the family could go out on a test ride on both before making the purchase. I do like the larger engine on the 24 Sli w/express tube. Yes, the 35 hp does make a difference but probably not dramatic. You would notice it when pulling the tube or with heavier loads. That being said I have the RCW which is similar to the GCW in layout and love it. The first two seats that get occupied on our boat are the stern loungers facing aft and it makes the toon stand out. However, my brother prefers not to be facing aft when cruising so it is not for everyone. Best of luck on your decision but I think you will be happy either way.

Did you test drive both boats? I am curious how huge the difference is between the two motors. What did you notice?

I just got a 24sli, its awesome. yamaha 150 is a great motor. I also have 3rd tube, the size is great and I get so many compliments on it every time I take it out, hope this bit of info helps,cya

I just got a 24sli, its awesome. yamaha 150 is a great motor. I also have 3rd tube, the size is great and I get so many compliments on it every time I take it out, hope this bit of info helps,cya

Back