25 Q, the arch

tlcaud

Reaction score
Can the arch be lowered like a bimini goes to radar position?  Two reasons I ask this .  I have a 12ftx12ft door and the bimini has to be in radar position to clear the door.  Branches , on the way to the ramp just miss my bimini by 1 foot. I can trim the branches , can't change the door

Is it easy/quick to do? What does it rest on when its lowered. Do you trailer with it up.

i never lower mine. Requires wrenches. Might be a bit annoying to deal with every time you take the boat out.

Rich man problems!!!!

I was watching a video on the Harris pontoon boats. The salesman said their arch
was hydraulic. It just pushed down and locked into place, no wrenches needed.

It seemed to me that would be a very good feature, especially if you were trying to
get it in a garage.

I traded my Harris Crowne for my QX25 and yes it had a power arch that moved sided to side when underway and made a ton of noise. No comparison in the ESP and their sport pkg as well. I would be glad to talk to you about it by phone if you like.

Thank you very much for your kind offer.
I'm on the same page as you. Just from my research so far, its Bennington for us. We're also looking to order a QX25 next year. My wife likes the I/O's and it doesn't look like they offer that on a Crowne, but possibly on the next lower model.

No offense to Harris owners, but the Bennington looks sleeker and better built than the Crowne.
This of course is all internet research and not the real world experience you have.

Thanks for the info on the arch. I figured there had to be a reason Bennington didn't do it.

Back