2575 QCW Blackout Edition Overland

Now I'm in suspense 

Apologies for going dark...

I was giving River Valley the opportunity to resolve this amicably. Bennington staff have been very responsive and supportive so far. I lost patience with River Valley long ago, but decided I would hold off on an update until we had a resolution to the issues. There have been some tentative steps in the right direction.

Once resolved (Bennington executives have assured me that all issues will be resolved one way or another) I will post a full update.

Hopeful for a (relatively) happy ending...already out a ton of time/effort and some legal fees. Sunk costs, I guess. At least everyone agrees I should have been delivered a turn-key ready-to-launch boat in new condition...

JP

Maybe its me but I don't understand what went wrong can you clarify?

Thanks

As I said, I'll post all details once we have resolution so hopefully I can detail a happy ending to this story.

Resolution, while not finalized, continues to progress at a good pace now after a slow start.

I joined this forum just to comment on this thread LOL. last yr I was in the market for a premier Grand isle(I just ordered a bennington last wk). I live about 150 miles north of river valley sports. I seen on craigslist they had advertised a new 2012 grand isle 250 Suzuki for 38k new. they had a bunch of pics of the boat and for 38k I thought wth because it is about a 60k boat. so I give them a call and he tells me all about it and I am really interested until he tells me he doesn't have the boat and it is at another dealer (a friend of his and he will have it here in 1 wk). so I say where is it, I will drive to it and look and he says it is in texas. now I know and thought of this dealer as a reputable dealer and has been around for awhile. so I thought about it for a couple days and kept looking at the ad on craigslist and looking at one of the pics and I see a name on a sign in the background Ozarks marine(or something close to that)which I know is not in texas. so I google their name and look at their inventory and sure shit there is the same boat and all the same pics. for 60k. so I actually call Ozark marine and ask for the manager, he claims to know nothing and the price is firm 60k. so than I tell him about the Minneapolis craigslist and he looked it up and he was dumbfounded. the ad which was up for over a wk was gone 5 mins later. something fishy with river valley going on

Awesome boat! I'm really interested in the wash down system you plan to install. I would like to add one of my own that I can use at the dock since I keep mine at a marina. The only factory option was the 5 gallon onboard tank but I would hate to constantly refill. The dealer said they won't put anything that's not factory on the boat so I guess it will be a DIY project. Please keep us posted and enjoy that beautiful new boat!

My money is on the Minnesota dealer sending him a factory delivered boat that was never built up and when it was delivered in Vegas - surprise. Battery not included, some assembly required.

It is not logical to expect a high level of service from a high volume dealer.

These high volume dealers should just stick with bottom feeder boats.....(Tracker, cypress cay, sweetwater etc)

I am watching and waiting on the "rest of the story." I had a buddy who ordered a pontoon from back in the midwest somewhere. (not a bennington.) Said he saved $12,000. When the boat was shipped to him, it was problematic to say the least. It had never been water tested because the "lake was still iced over." The motor was mounted wrong and he had a number of problems. The local dealer refused to get involved and he sold it with less than 4 hours. Needless to say he lost money after the shipping and the waste of time and what he sold it for. As one of the above posters mentioned, this situation had the potential of being problematic. The positive  is that, from what I read, Bennington is a stand up company and backs their boats.

Prior to ordering my bennington, I shopped many dealers. The best I could do was save around $3,000. After shipping and the problems of traveling to another state for the water test and shakedown etc, it was just not reasonable, for me, to buy from anyone but my local dealer. I sure hope the OP has a happy ending.

Cheers, Steve

...I'm in Red Wing, MN right now. 1800 mile drive back to the dealer. Update forthcoming. If everything goes as planned tomorrow, we will have a reasonable resolution. Will follow up in the next day or so...

Sounds good, cuz the suspense is killing us!!

Back