2575 QCW Blackout Edition Overland

Buying a pontoon should be an enjoyable process, not another source of stress, frustration, resentment & anger.

I would tell them to pound sand.

Standing by for an update.

Cheers, Steve

Must not have went well .

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually things have gone well. Recovering and catching up from 66h of driving over 6 days and one close call (.5 mi) with a tornado. Details to follow soon.

Rest up...then post up!!!

Any update? Driving 11 hours a day for 6 days doesn't sound like fun.

Cheers, Steve

I wonder if we should check on him? Link, did he put his locator pin on the map? He is either in trouble or hibernating!  Hehe :D  

I'm still recovering...and it's a long story been avoiding what will probably be about 2 hours to type it all out. Shortest version:

First, I'll say it was all worth it. By the narrowest margin.

Why: I got to use a 2575 QCW Blackout hybrid tower (stay away!) for about 40h. They took it back and allowed me to order a replacemen and credited me the two way cost of transportt. So I took the opportunity to order a new boat and make some changes :) ...I'm now loving a 2875 QCW Blackout with a Yamaha 350 and the real wake tower. It is. Awesome.

3600 miles

60h seat time

1 tornado +\- a mile or less; +/-20 mins

Nebraska is booring

Some quick conclusions:

The Yamaha 350 is way more powerful (torque?) than the Merc 300. I am +900# and I gained 5mph in top speed and just way more grunt and get up under all conditions.

Front Bimini is a necessity. And available on the 28.

The 25 was great in big water. The 28 is down right plush.

The diff in living space is much more than you would imagine.

Bluetooth works well and is worth it.

The full nav GPS is awesome and well worth the upgrade.

My sales guy at River Valley was a good advocate.

Regarding all the drama...well I'll leave that for another post.

I am writing this too you from Fox's floating bar in the Colorado River Strip. Sipping an excellent Bloody Mary and just lovin my Benny. It's the baddest toon in these parts methinks.

Well good to know we can call off the search party!! Haha wow, a 2875 is a lot of floating real estate!! Happy that it all worked out in the end! Now, as is the ritual around here PICS!!!! Haha

Congrats on getting to happy!

WOW!   Superb.  Patience was well worth it.  Kudos to Bennington (and dealer). 

Sounds great but all this time March to July Where's the story?

Holy cow thats a big pontoon!

Ok, all that drama, sounds like a awesome boat but what did you save over just ordering one locally? I will be looking for you next month when we take a trip to Havasu. :)

Reactions: ssc
Back