2575 QCW Seats

Butchkid

Reaction score
I love the interior of my boat but I just spent a good 3 hours cleaning the seats. Spiders apparently love to crap on them. How do I care for these seats? Does Bennington recommend any products? Will suntan lotion hurt them in any way?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the interior of my boat but I just spent a good 3 hours cleaning the seats. Spiders apparently love to crap on them. How do I care for these seats? Does Bennington recommend any products? Will suntan lotion hurt them in any way?
My dealer recommended Purple Power cleaner sold at Wal mart. I have seen many on this site use 303 protectant. I do know not to use anything with bleach in it because it will rot the seat stitching.

My dealer recommended Purple Power cleaner sold at Wal mart. I have seen many on this site use 303 protectant. I do know not to use anything with bleach in it because it will rot the seat stitching.
Your manual will be very specific about cleaning/protectant products. If you want to keep your warranty intact, follow them carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing you can do about the spiders short of stationing your grandkid on the boat with a box of .22 shotshells. Of course, the cure might be worse than the disease. ;)

I have learned over the last few years to keep it simple.

I use one of two methods to clean the seats up, depending on whether I want to use the boat right away.

If I plan to leave it sit for an hour or two before use, I use a garden hose and a soft brush. The carpet is artificial, the run-off wont hurt it.

If I want to use it right away, I bring down a crummy old towel and lightly brush off most of the loose stuff quickly. Then I use one of those general/glass cleaners that has vinegar instead of ammonia, or I use a diluted solution of Simple Green.

Once it's clean, I dry it off and use 303 Aerospace protectant on all the seats. It helps preserve the color.

Oh, and do yourself a favor... Next time you're at the marina, buy a snap-stick. It looks like an oversized tube of Chapstick and it's for the metal snaps on your boat cover.

You could also, if you felt like spending a grand or two, have custom covers made for your seats.

Lot's of folks around here do that.

Back