2nd bimini top 24scwx

jraines

Reaction score
So I have negotiated with the dealer to add a second or forward bimini to the boat. He is telling me his cost is ~$1000 and he would split the cost in half with me. Seems like a good deal and here in Texas the aquatek floor does get toasty in the summer. Anyone see a reason not to add the extended cover?

Thanks for your opinions and help.

What?  His cost is $1000 and he's going to split his cost in half?  What???   That doesn't make sense to me.... so he's only going to charge you $500 and lose $500  What???  If that's the case...get 2!!  I must be missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should be clear. There was a broken part when we got our new boat last year that we are just now having fixed due to parts issues, and at the time of delivery they said they would give us a portable umbrella for the front. However when we went to order that it was not available in the maroon color top we have.

I did kinda play hard ball and said since we have had these other issues that I have dealt with what can we do to make this right. Nathan who is the GM at our dealer didn't even hesitate and said he would do it and split the cost. So yes its only costing me ~$520 for the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
now it makes sense...  sounds like a good deal. 

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.  It would be great to have a second Bimini.

A couple concerns...  I assume it trailers fine, but it would be an a backwards position for wind flow going 75 mph down the highway.  Also, since we use the bow gate quite a bit, and store the boat in a garage (limited door height) the second Bimini would constantly have to be moved up/down in our case.  But, it would be nice to have the extra shade.

If we ever more to FL we'd add another one in a heartbeat. Problem currently is we board from the bow and need the bimini down in order to get the boat up on the lift. Having a front bimini would keep us from loading unless the boat was lowered. $500 is an awesome deal

I've got the double bimini on mine and the extra shade is certainly nice.  You can never have too much shade in the peak of summer.

A second shade is almost always a plus, in my opinion.  I have two on this boat, and my previous boat.  I suppose it's a little more hassle to put it up/down as you pull it out or park it, but that's a minor thing (for me at least).  As for trailering, all of the newer boats I have seen have a trailering bracket for the front and rear bimini, so driving shouldn't be a problem.  If you were extra careful, I guess a strap could be used.

So I have negotiated with the dealer to add a second or forward bimini to the boat. He is telling me his cost is ~$1000 and he would split the cost in half with me. Seems like a good deal and here in Texas the aquatek floor does get toasty in the summer. Anyone see a reason not to add the extended cover?

Thanks for your opinions and help.
I also have the Aqua Teak and it does get hot. I would suggest the second cover. We will be getting one for ours as well.

Even up here in upstate NY we generally have the bimini up most of the time.  If someone wants sun they move to the front of the boat but when the temperature is above 80 most will move back into the shade after a while so I would think the second bimini down south is a must

The $500 cost sounds really good!  The extra shade will be appreciated by everyone on board.

I paid over that much money for my forward bimini  .....  and I made mine!

Unless I am missing something this does sound like a deal you shouldn't pass up.  I bought a 2275 GCW in 2012 and was quoted $2000 by our local dealer to add a second bimini.

Roy

I paid about $1000 for the double bimini option when ordering and love it.  We don't have any docking/lift/trailering restrictions.

That and the rear changing room/porta potty were my wife's 2 "must have" options.

Back