303 Fabric Guard

Jack M

Reaction score
Amazon ,under $40 a gallon ( as of 5:45 am 7/24/17 ) 

https://www.amazon.com/303-30674-Upholstery-Protector-Repellent/dp/B0000AY1W7/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500889506&sr=8-2&keywords=303+fabric+guard

Hand held sprayer 

https://www.amazon.com/Solo-418-One-Hand-Pressure-Sprayer/dp/B000BX4VXI/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000BX4VXI&pd_rd_r=GC3HA8VYAAQY3Y6FQ64H&pd_rd_w=ez3H1&pd_rd_wg=ksn0W&psc=1&refRID=GC3HA8VYAAQY3Y6FQ64H

71FPuebydTL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I also buy that by the gallon , The fabric guard is on sale .Last month it was over $80 a gallon 

Has anyone found themselves having to put a second coat of fabric guard on their playpen cover in the same season?  We have had a lot of rain this season and it looks like portions of the cover are staying wet for longer.  

I have not ,water beads up and rolls off . I do use an entire gallon with the hand sprayer above 

Has anyone found themselves having to put a second coat of fabric guard on their playpen cover in the same season?  We have had a lot of rain this season and it looks like portions of the cover are staying wet for longer.  

Do you treat the cover while it is on the boat?  Just spray it on and let it dry?

No ,I bring it home .You dont want to get fabric guard on your seats ,rails or panels .

I also do my carpet 

I have not ,water beads up and rolls off . I do use an entire gallon with the hand sprayer above 

I'm thinking that I did not put enough on in the first place. When I initially put it on it beaded up and even held a pool of water.   I used a sprayer but looking back I probably should have made sure it was thoroughly soaked into the fabric in every section.  

Thanks for the heads up!!  ... ordered a gallon

No ,I bring it home .You dont want to get fabric guard on your seats ,rails or panels .

I also do my carpet 

Still haven't done the $)@&$;$?/ carpet Jack!

Do you treat the cover while it is on the boat?  Just spray it on and let it dry?

DO NOT DO IT INSTALLED!! I almost ruined my seats couple years back doing it installed. Dodged a bullet!

Just grabbed a gallon of the 303 (can't beat $38) and some Marine Stabil. 

Selling fast ,get some before the price goes back up . :lol:

I have some leftover from when I did the playpen cover......

I just ordered a gallon at $38.47. That IS a good price. :)

The first time I ordered that stuff, I think I paid $63.00/gal.

Damn, that's $8 less than I paid a couple weeks ago....... asked for a refund of difference .. they basically told me to pound sand ....  :lol:

I am glad with the Simtex there is no need for the 303 any more. I love the new vinyl. Cleans really easy.

Back