303 protectant

Jenks

Reaction score
Is anyone using 303 on the new simtex? I know nothing is recommended and protectant is suppose to be built in but can't help to think 303 would be an extra step. Don't want to use if it's going to do harm, someone must have tried it. I get stuck in my ways and 303 was always used in my other boats. Just asking.

According to Bennington, NO!

Did Bennington state why not to use it? A baby's skin is supposed to be pretty forgiving, but we always used baby oil on their butt.

I was told there is no need for it. My experience with simtex would support that assessment. I find the seats much easier to clean than the old soft touch. When I pushed using 303, I was sternly advised not to use it.

Last edited:
So is Simtex on the 2017 models ? How would one know if Simtex is on their Bennington? I just read over my Spec sheet, Simtex not listed on it

Ok. So if it's not listed as an option, then the regular vinyl is installed?.?.

I am fairly sure if you have a 2017 model it has Simtexon it. The only exception is that sometimes some late build models in 2016 get branded 2017 models and may not have it but other than that simtex is the standard vinyl on all models beginning in 2017.

I am fairly sure if you have a 2017 model it has Simtexon it. The only exception is that sometimes some late build models in 2016 get branded 2017 models and may not have it but other than that simtex is the standard vinyl on all models beginning in 2017.
Soft touch vinyl is still available on new models.

Mine is a 2018, but it's an S model (24SCWX), so I was confused by ugleeuel's post of "it's an option on higher end Bennington" statement.

Seems kinda confusing on which Bennington's have Simtex and which don't. Come on guys we are good at solving these kind of issues.
Thanks!

So is there any product to protect your seats, that r safe.

Although probably a total waste of money, I did do the dealer offered seat protectant on the Simtex with the extra warranty coverage via the dealership. Not sure if its due to that, or the Simtex, but EVERYTHING has wiped up easily with dish soap and warm water. We love how easily the Simtex is to keep clean and new looking on our 2017 SSBXP.

Back