400R on Q25

Bajamik

Reaction score
I’m buying a 2019 Q25 and am putting a merc 400R on it and want to know what would be the best set up for the motor, what hole mounts to use for this arrangement, all the way down, two holes up, etc. thx for the help.

If you are buying from a Bennington dealer ,ask them to see the rigging charts ,see what they specify then compare from there

Also depends on what you intend to use the boat for. If your goal is pure straight line speed it will be higher than if you intend to make a lot of sharp turns at speed doing water sports. Luckily it is pretty easy to get it moved up or down. I did it myself in my driveway

Andy's is listed in his signature ( 200 ) .Possibly he may have helped someone else

I did it myself. Used a floor jack and a block of wood under the skeg. Took out two bolts and left the ones in that are slotted but loosened them so the motor could go up without the risk of it falling off. And like Jack said, I have a 200 and my boat was on the trailer at the time. For the money you are spending, I'd suggest having the dealer do it.

Back