46 in Ski pylon dia.

Rockie69

Reaction score
Anyone know the diameter of the ski pylons? I'm going to make an insert for my tailgate flagpole. Maybe if I get lucky TB will shoot me a print. I also want to make sure my GoPro Rollbar mount will work on it. Go Pro mount clamps to any 1.4" to 2.5" (3.5cm to 6.35cm) pole.

Thanks!

I think it is at least 3" thick. Looking at a tape measure for comparison, positive it is at least 3"

Rockie69.......took my ski pylon out of the boat for the winter........It is 2 1/2 inches in diameter.

Thank you both. After thinking about what I want to do I'll need to get measurements from my boat anyway. I'm going to make an insert that will set the same as the ski pylon with tabs to lock it in place, then make the ID just enough so the flag pole slides in. Unless I get a print from TB... Which I PM'd them asking for.

Really Daril? I can't imagine that. Is yours the same as mine? I think it is even bigger than 3".

I'm glad there are photos here to make sure you guys aren't talking about something else. I was working on an exhaust earlier and 2.5" looks bigger than it is. Could be 2.5"

Derrick.......You know after I posted it I realized that I should have stated that it is a 2004 2275RL and it could be different/smaller than the much newer boats. I have the pylon in hand and it is 2 1/2 inches in diameter.......Yours does look a little thicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is this conversation starting to sound a little weird ..... Lol !!!!

Haha!..........I gotta start reading my posts over before I actually post them..............

Haha!..........I gotta start reading my posts over before I actually post them..............
Just think of the fun we would miss out on if every one did that .

:lol:   :lol:   :lol: :lol:  :lol:   
Why do women make horrible carpenters? 

Because all their life they've been told this
fingers-apart.jpg

Is 6 inches!!! Haha that one cracks me up!

Why do women make horrible carpenters? 

Because all their life they've been told this
fingers-apart.jpg

Is 6 inches!!! Haha that one cracks me up!
See what you post when your up after your curfew!

Not sure on the arch Jack. Jared, any luck with getting the diameter of the pylon

Team Bennington said:

======================================================================

Hey Jared, we don't recommend a DIY on this, as it would void the warranty. Our pylon installation is set into the transom/stern cross member. TB

Hehehe I was not descriptive on what I was going to do...LOL. I'm not making a ski pylon, but, I did just ask for a print. So they had no idea why I was asking. For all they knew I was making a stand for a rocket launcher. Which now gives me another idea for an endless water cannon. Stand, water pump ....hmmmmmmm

Hehehe I'll just wait until I get a hold of ski pylon and reverse engineer.

If you had a rocket launcher you'd have the only Bosnia edition Bennington. That would ensure you don't have to wait at the boat ramp.

I just grabbed my ski pylon... Coldest thing I have EVER touched while I was on a boat, holy crap that was cold!!!!!!

With all this talk you guys are making me feel like a p**n star. LOL

Back