55 Lb Thrust Minnkota Trolling Motor w/ i-pilot works great on new 20 SLX

ErinnDan

Reaction score
Very impressed with my Minnkota V2 Power Drive 55 Lb Thrust Trolling Motor with I-Pilot on the front of my new custom 20 SLX. Moves the boat over 5 mph, and over 2 mph into a strong wind. Has been getting me everywhere I needed the past few days, close to shore, in tight on docks, etc. Helped me catch a bunch of nice Smallmouth Bass this past weekend on Candlewood Lake. Can provide more details to anyone interested.image.jpg

I'd love to see some pics of the fish!. Sounds like a great setup.

Sweet, might have to look into this option. I burn up too many hours on my Yami putting around fishing.

That's great. I like ours also - though I doubt I get 5mph on our 24SLi. Do you have the battery located in the front or back?

I have a separate 12 volt deep cycle marine battery up front under the starboard bench seat.

I was originally going to have mine installed in the front but the dealer ended up putting it in the back.

Just bought the same trolling motor today, I was wondering if you got the 48inch or the 54inch, I bought the 54inch because no one carries the 48 in my area, didn't want to order it. hope it is not to long. I know it is only 6 inches but space is space. Can't wait to get it installed and try out the Ipilot and try out the spot lock feature. anybody else have this and how did the different features work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the 54". Only because the built in Universal Sonar 2 wasn't an option on the 48".

Works great but the 48" would be plenty of length and save a little room.

Very happy with the trolling motor, however max speed, after I ironed out all the kinks is only about 2.2 mph not 5 mph like I had previously stated. Even in very heavy wind it still controls the boats position nicely.

I think our top speed is similar - my GPS only registers in single digit increments. I typically run ours on setting 6 or 7. I also have the 54" shaft - I think the 48" would have worked but would have been all the way down - 54" is the better choice in my opinion.

Yes, I-Pilot allows you to record and store a series of 2 mile tracks. It also has spot lock which allows you to "anchor" at any time.

Be ready for sticker shock. I added the copilot this year to our 55lb thrust trolling motor. The I-pilot is really cool but 3 times the cost.

Back