62 and a newbi your help would be welcome

Ditto on the extended deck comment Andy made. It really surprised me how valuable that extended aft deck space is, either for fishing or for water sports. I'd call it one of those "sleepers" that you don't know how important it is until you actually use it. It's a "must have" for us.

Or get the regular model with extended deck and have dealer install seat bases and get some economical ones that can pop out and go in seat storage. As for the 200, too many decimal points to the right for my knowledge... :p

I originally ordered an express package with a 150 max hp for that set up ,by the time I got home did more research ,it was not that much more with the options I ordered to go with the SPS .I called the dealer and changed it to the SPS . However I forgot to max out the HP with the 200 . After 1 summer ,I went to the dealer to ask about upgrading to the 200 . We had agreed on a price including trade in of my 150 it was under $5000 . Then we found out that because the controls also need to be changed ( manual/digital ) it made it cost prohibitive . Now Mercury has come out with the new V6 , that can be ordered with manual or digital controls. Problem is,its a lot more than the $5000 to upgrade now .For me it is more cost effective to order a new Bennington with the 10 year warranty .Just waiting for 1 thing to happen 1st before the order is placed for # 3 .

As for the 200, too many decimal points to the right for my knowledge... :p

Says the guy with the 20 untamed wild stallions pushing his monster boat around the lake:cool:;)!

I'm still picturing the tech the other day working on it with tweezers and and eyeglass repair kit.

We have the fishing seats and I store them under the sundeck. You really can not cast while seating in the back. The bimini
arms get in the way. For perch jerking, you can stay seated.

Says the guy with the 20 untamed wild stallions pushing his monster boat around the lake:cool:;)!

Well I did say too many decimals to the right ...... :D

I'm still picturing the tech the other day working on it with tweezers and and eyeglass repair kit.

Now that’s just wrong .... funny as hell, but wrong .... :p

Now that’s just wrong .... funny as hell, but wrong .... :p
Luckily, it was just a broken elastic! The winding mechanism works perfectly now. :)

Actually they found the power source ran out of food .....

B5A611FB-7EB7-4F5D-8B40-87BF6ABE01FC.jpeg

So back on topic cause you guys get out of hand :p ...... vman what did you decide to go with?

i am still figuring it out by your last boat first i got it!!!! i am trying to figure out if i need the fishing model. i went to a large bennington dealer in my area and finally saw a few first hand. I am not sure i want to lose the room the fishing seats take up let alone the live well. I saw a move-able seat that pushed in between the couches that i certainly could use if i was sitting there bottom fishing but if i am casting i feel i dont need them. I also know there is a live well option under a seat which i think would work for me ( input needed ) Is the under seat rod holder functional ( input needed ) Then i am wondering if it makes sense to go to a 23 foot does that give me more floor space or is the furniture specifically sized for each boat ( input needed ) I will get sps and really think i should work in the 200 Yamaha if possible. Does a 23 ride better than a 22 ( input needed ) Does a 200 hp over 150 hp have any meaningful feel difference with a 22 compared to a 23 ( input needed ) I see no reason to buy anything but a sx I am looking forward to test ride in the indian river lagoon inter coastal but want to get my model and options squared away thank for your thoughts in advance

I had a 22 and now have a 24. Given the 22 was not a tritoon I can’t compare the two as they are night and day with the sps system. I drove my friends 24s with sps and a 150 in MI and it had good power. Do you have the ability to test drive them? If not I might know a guy with a 24s in Palm City with a 200 you can try!

Back