90hp OR 115?

I have a 2016 21 SLX on 25" tubes with a 90 HP yamaha. Will hit about 27-8 MPH with a light load. We don't ski or tube so power was not an issue. Still gets us to where we want to go in a reasonable amount of time. I look back and sometimes wish for a 115 but really not something i would pay extra for. We are going on season 3 and love the boat and it does exactly what we wanted it to do, that is get us on the water and cruise.

At the end of the day, there is always going to be a bigger, faster, newer, nicer, more HP, etc. boat that someone else has. Get what fits your budget and meets your expected needs. Then try not to get caught up in what you "could have" bought and just enjoy what you "did" buy.

Easy enough for me to say, I shoulda bought the 150hp! But I'm satisfied with what I did buy :)

I have appreciated the sincere comments, even the ribbing. :D I didn't expect 40+ replies, so Thanks!

The advice was helpful and so...

Today, I talked to my dealer who upgraded me from a 90HP to a 115 V-Max for $1243. We discussed adding strakes, but I decided that an additional 1.5 MPH on the top end wasn't worth another $788. I think my expectations are reasonable and I'm pretty pleased with my decision.

I'll be sure to "report back" in the spring after I drop my NEW Bennington in the lake! Thanks everyone!

Only you know what's right for you, and you executed on that. We're all very happy for you! You are going to love the new boat. Most of us are obsessed with ours!

Welcome to the club as an official member!

You will get more than 1.5 mph extra with the strakes. Especially with the V-Max.

Before you had to slam on the brakes! :)

Back