A seed has been planted

lakeliving

Reaction score
I went with a buddy up to North Carolina this weekend to pick up his new boat and when I got home and was talking about it my wife asked me when our warranty is up and that she would like a more open floor plan....

I don't think anything will happen soon but I will say I was poking around on the boat builder today. I like how the QX will handle a rogue wave the best having fiberglass compared to aluminum but the value proposition isn't there for me. I also noticed there is a center console radial for selecting floor plans but that one is not on there yet as I'm curious to what pricing would be. I'm honestly not sure what we would go with next time around.

We'd stay with bennington in a tri-toon configuration but the rest is up in the air at this point. Hopefully the market hasn't gone crazy since we bought ours late in 2013. I'll have to check NADA for what ours would get on the market.

Here's to letting that seed grow! Bennington is coming out with some pretty slick 2020 models.

I've been married for 37 years. I have found the key to a long marriage is keeping my wife happy. If yours wants a new boat, Andy, in my experience, I say let her have her way! LOLOLOLOL.

The market has gone well beyond crazy since you bought in 2013, sorry. Look for a leftover now. It's a good time of year and people are starting to see through the smoke and mirror show that we're about to start down on the economy roller coaster.

My wife wants another boat and we've been looking at what's available around us. Found out that good clean used boats don't last long on the market. Saw a new QX w/a 350 on the back at the local Benny dealership for $129000 and a Harris Crowne w/a 400 for $164000. CRAZY isn't the word!

Think Lakeliving has The Fever

The market has gone well beyond crazy since you bought in 2013, sorry. Look for a leftover now. It's a good time of year and people are starting to see through the smoke and mirror show that we're about to start down on the economy roller coaster.

I can concur with Nautical. We ordered a new boat, a Q series, in August 2018 right when the 2019 models came out. I had been researching on the boat builder site for a few months and the prices jumped significantly from 2018 to 2019 due to the new tariffs on aluminum. I am sure other things were involved too. Good luck on your boat search.

Picked my boat up at the dealer (serviced & wrapped) on Saturday and they had this QX in the showroom. First time I've ever seen one in person...Holy Crap what a beautiful boat! However, my wife does not have the new boat itch....not that I could afford this one.IMG_7496.jpgIMG_7492.jpgIMG_7493.jpgIMG_7494.jpgIMG_7495.jpg

That’s the color combo I built. Looks sharp.

boats and snowmobiles. :) Got all seasons covered.

Boat shows are coming up! Great time to scratch the itch.

Good idea Rod. Stuart boat show is beginning of January and right by our house so we’ll probably head over and scope it out.

Good idea Rod. Stuart boat show is beginning of January and right by our house so we’ll probably head over and scope it out.
Uh oh, I know a guy ...

Come on down to FLIBS 2019, it's going to be a blast. Our boat's going over Monday so the dealer can put her in the show starting Wednesday. They have no Axopar 28C's available and it's been their #1 seller. It'll be outside right near the main entrance.

Uh oh, I know a guy ...

Come on down to FLIBS 2019, it's going to be a blast. Our boat's going over Monday so the dealer can put her in the show starting Wednesday. They have no Axopar 28C's available and it's been their #1 seller. It'll be outside right near the main entrance.

I'd love to zip down and get together and check out your boat but next week I am slammed, and we have company coming into town that weekend. I have a couple power plants to visit and then some off site emergency response exercises. Otherwise I'd be using a vacation day for sure.

I just saw the video on the 2020 "R" with the step down bow area, pretty cool, definitely worth a look. I think Premier did that too, makes sense to me for better visibility.

My local dealer said he should have a center console one in about a month from now. Seems like the pricing model is a lot different than Michigan.
How was the boat show?

My local dealer said he should have a center console one in about a month from now. Seems like the pricing model is a lot different than Michigan.
How was the boat show?
Boat show went well, but we're glad to have the boat back over here. Fort Myers show is this week, always a good one, just the right size.

How so, Mr. Andy?

Seems like they try to get near MSRP . I don't have anything in writing but based on verbal ranges given on certain models and my experience on the boat builder (plus my prior buying experience on two benningtons) doesn't seem to be the discounts I've and others have seen.

Seems like they try to get near MSRP . I don't have anything in writing but based on verbal ranges given on certain models and my experience on the boat builder (plus my prior buying experience on two benningtons) doesn't seem to be the discounts I've and others have seen.
I suspect the same is true over here, no idea why that is.

Back