Add strakes or not

nvhguy52

Reaction score
Is there any benefit in adding lifting strakes on a 22 GLI w/ only a 90 hp Yamaha?

I'm fairly certain Bennington's website says for 115hp and up. I actually called my dealer today regarding adding strakes at this time and was informed this could only be done by Bennington at build. Big disappointment for me!

I'm fairly certain Bennington's website says for 115hp and up. I actually called my dealer today regarding adding strakes at this time and was informed this could only be done by Bennington at build. Big disappointment for me!
HEY SPINZONE I JUST WANNA SAY THAT I HAD MY INSIDE STRAKES ON MY OUTTER TUBES INSTALLED AFTER THE FACT MY DEALER HAD A CERTIFIED WELDER INSTALL THEM I COMPARED THEM TO A FACTORY INSTALLED SET ON ANOTHER BOAT THE QUALITY WAS THE SAME ON THE WATER THEY SEEM TO WORK GREAT AS WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK YOUR DEALER AGAIN?

Maybe TB can chime in here to answer whether or not this is possible. My dealer was firm about not being able to add them but perhaps I could contact some other dealers in the area to see if they are interested in making some extra cash.

I was going to upgrade my motor at the same time to the new Merc 150 4stroke but will be throwing cash out the window if I don't have strakes.

Maybe TB can chime in here to answer whether or not this is possible. My dealer was firm about not being able to add them but perhaps I could contact some other dealers in the area to see if they are interested in making some extra cash.

I was going to upgrade my motor at the same time to the new Merc 150 4stroke but will be throwing cash out the window if I don't have strakes.
I LOVE MY NEW 150 MERCURY GOOD CHOICE HOW MUCH WAS IT TO UPGRADE?

Trading in my 2011 115hp Merc. with 50.1 hours was $4,811 installed. I figured with strakes, I was realistically looking at 12mph increase for $6000 investment.

Trading in my 2011 115hp Merc. with 50.1 hours was $4,811 installed. I figured with strakes, I was realistically looking at 12mph increase for $6000 investment.
Hey Spin,

Where did you get your quote. I talked to a couple of dealers at the Cincy boat show about the same engine switch and none of them wanted to help me.

Back