Added bow Boat Buckle tie-downs to my Heritage trailer.

Shmily

Reaction score
The stern aspect of the trailer had tie-down brackets, and I installed Boat Buckles before I drove her off the lot. However, I was advised that bow tie-downs were unnecessary. I disagreed, and devised the pictured construct for bow tie-downs:

IMG_5914.JPG IMG_5915.JPG IMG_5916.JPG IMG_5917.JPG IMG_5918.JPG IMG_5919.JPG

Being extra careful certainly cant hurt. If I were ever to tow my boat more than the one mile to its winter hibernation I would also consider doing

Second that... I have a strap going from the "U" bolt where the winch strap and safety chain hooks to, straight down to the trailer frame. Huge difference that the bow doesn't bounce while traveling..

You can never have too many tie-down points for added security. Towing a couple of miles to the ramp probably not a necessity but long-distance towing is probably a pretty good idea.

Unfortunately, I had to do a couple of two-hour tows this season. I had no trouble on the first one without the bow tie-downs, but I definitely felt more safe on the second trip with the bow buckles in place.

where did you get the brackets from?

Hello John!

I ordered them from etrailer.com. The part numbers for the brackets and the U-bolts are below. The brackets come in pairs.

2 CE15504A Ce Smith SS U-bolt - 3 Long X 4-1/8 Wide X 7/16 Diameter 2 0
1 CE10500G Ce Smith Split Panel Brackets For Boat Trailers - Galvanized 1 0

I hope this helps. Shipping was super fast, and the service from etrailer is always excellent.

Peace.

Back