Adding Graphics

mattb

Reaction score
I know BK is getting his wrapped.  Anyone else think about or actually add factory or aftermarket graphics?  I just emailed BM to see if they are available thru the dealer.  There is a local print shop that can probably make whatever I want.  Thoughts?  Sources?  Thanks.

I have, so I figure if I ever get tired of the black accent stripe, that will be my "go to option". I actually "slightly" regret getting the stripe as it limits any future graphics, but I can always cover the stripe and add something. My concern is the panels have the very slight corrugation to them. I just wonder if it's harder to apply to those, vs. flat panels?

Take a look at this thread.  This is something that I'm kicking around doing later this spring...

I have, so I figure if I ever get tired of the black accent stripe, that will be my "go to option". I actually "slightly" regret getting the stripe as it limits any future graphics, but I can always cover the stripe and add something. My concern is the panels have the very slight corrugation to them. I just wonder if it's harder to apply to those, vs. flat panels?

Vinyl graphics will go on corrugated fence as long as the installer takes their time. Working any air bubbles out of the vinyl is the challenge. Working slowly and carefully should minimize any problems.   They also will last along time, very durable.This advice comes from my auto body days.

Thanks you guys.  I'm thinking like black, maybe shatter or vapor.  Wife is thinking a purple.  The BM logo was cool too, Indian Lake Bum says the green was added locally to the SX in his recent pics.  Just so happens my Benni is due back there from the factory this month, might have to swing by the print shop, take a look at what they offer.  Now, the big question, do I get some for the truck to match.  GM's pewter is similar to BM's champagne, darker.  Life shouldn't be so hard.  :)  

Well, I talked to the print shop "artist" today.  He quoted me $800 installed, $700 DIY.  Either way, too much, got better things to throw money at.  Or, it'll go to the Benni anyway, just somewhere that makes more sense.  Where is that on a boat exactly?, besides the gas tank.

Was that at the lake or someplace else?  There are quite a few places that do the vinyl printing around here.  I'm not sure if they would be cheaper than the $800 you've already been quoted though.

Maybe give these guys a call:

Mushroom Graphics .....they are in Delphos, OH

Yeah, that was at Miller there, using the same template they already have for the black and green one from SAD.  So basically he/we go online, find a useable design/color to reproduce, he lays it out, hits print.  When DIY is only $100 less than installed, something not right there.  Thanks for the link, picking up my Benni this Saturday.   

When DIY is only $100 less than installed, something not right there.  

He makes money twice with diy, when you bit** it up installing it ...  :D

You saying I'm the something not right.  :wacko:

Yep that is very true.  I used to do quite a  bit of vinyl lettering.....semi's - boats - business signage.   I always charged just about the same price if they did the lettering (as a diy kit) or I came out and installed it.  The installed price was based off how far I had to drive to do the job site.  I always told them if they do the install and something goes wrong (wrinkle - bad air bubbles - crooked) they get to buy more lettering and try again.  But if I do the install and something goes wrong it'll get fixed at no extra charge.  You decide if the extra charge upfront is worth it to you.  Sure I had people buy the lettering ready to install and yes some came back needing new ones cut at an extra charge.....but they saved a few bucks at the start of the project.

All except the part about me messing it up, I wouldn't do that.  Would I?

Back