Adding speakers (wiring diagram)

jfluhr18

Reaction score
I know there are some very smart people on here when it comes to stereo's so I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

Currently have:

6 Kicker km6130 4ohm speakers (195/65 watt)

Arc Audio mini full range 4 channel amp (KS 125.4) (4 channels @ 4 ohms = 75 watts and 4 channel @ 2 ohms = 125 watts)

Marina that installed the original equipment just hooked the 6 speakers up by doubling up two of the channels.

My question:  can I add two more speakers and just double up all 4 channels?  Do I need to do them parallel or in series?  I diagram would be great if necessary.  I am very illiterate when it comes to this stuff so more details the better.  

Thanks in advance!! 

I know there are some very smart people on here when it comes to stereo's so I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

Currently have:

6 Kicker km6130 4ohm speakers (195/65 watt)

Arc Audio mini full range 4 channel amp (KS 125.4) (4 channels @ 4 ohms = 75 watts and 4 channel @ 2 ohms = 125 watts)

Marina that installed the original equipment just hooked the 6 speakers up by doubling up two of the channels.

My question:  can I add two more speakers and just double up all 4 channels?  Do I need to do them parallel or in series?  I diagram would be great if necessary.  I am very illiterate when it comes to this stuff so more details the better.  

Thanks in advance!! 

I checked the specs for your amp and it is capable of handling a 2 ohm load per channel so you can connect the 4 ohm speakers in parallel. Just add the two additional 4 ohm speakers on the channels that currently have one speaker connected. The amp also has thermal protection in case you get into an overheating situation. See drawing.

KM6130 Wiring.JPG

I checked the specs for your amp and it is capable of handling a 2 ohm load per channel so you can connect the 4 ohm speakers in parallel. Just add the two additional 4 ohm speakers on the channels that currently have one speaker connected. The amp also has thermal protection in case you get into an overheating situation. See drawing.

View attachment 1665

Thanks H2GO!  May be a dumb question but all positives to positives and negatives to negatives?

Back