Additional 19 Gallon Fuel Tank

tcpip95

Reaction score
I added a Moeller 19-gallon fuel tank behind my double-lounger.  It gives me 51 gallons of fuel (Tank 1 has 32 gallons, Tank 2 has 19 gallons). Had my dealer install it with a two-way valve:

Moeller 19-Gallon Fuel Tank

I don't have a picture handy, but they installed the filler cap above Tank 1's original filler, but they installed it ON THE TOP - horizontally - by a space between the rear lounger and the bench seat facing forward on the port side.  The back of the rear lounger has a plastic brace that runs vertically in the center of the seat.  We cut that brace out and it gave us access to that whole space.  The tank fits like it was made for it.  The two-way fuel valve is mounted on the floor underneath the lounger.  When it's time to switch tanks, I simply remove the seat bottom of the lounger and manually flip from Tank 1 to Tank 2 and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a nice set up. Does the 2nd tank have a sending unit/gauge???

Sounds like a nice set up. Does the 2nd tank have a sending unit/gauge???

Yes, it's tied into a 3-position rocker switch  (Tank 1, NULL, Tank 2) on my starboard set of switches, that is tied into my fuel gauge.  Whichever position I select on the switch is displayed on the gauge. 

Very nice!

I've got a 52 gallon tank on our I/O. First 2 times we filled it was $3.09 a gallon for 87 octane ethanol free and we're due again next time we go out. We'll see if it's gone up any especially after this weekend. How much is it in Ft. Myers?!?

Here Ethanol Free is 

At Marina 

Seems high as 87 Octane for car is 

On The Street !!

Convenience Is Everything (lol)

131614680.jpg

I paid some stupid tax last weekend. I thought I had a full tank when I launched the boat and headed up the river. Wrong! I had a quarter tank, and that wasn't nearly enough, so I stopped by a hot spot on the river where they had the pump at the water. I went in to pay first, and she told me it was $4.15/gallon. I told her I'd take $25.00 worth. I pay $2.45 for the E-free on the street. Lesson learned for sure.

Got gas today on the water........same as Pittsburgh........$3.49 a gallon ethanol free. 40 cents more than the beginning of the season........

Got gas today on the water........same as Pittsburgh........$3.49 a gallon ethanol free. 40 cents more than the beginning of the season........

+1 for us in FL right on the dock. When gas was at its lowest we paid $3.29. It's higher than 87 octane though. I believe 89 or 90. 

$4.90 on the Water 90 octane ,corn  free .Same on the street $3.69 

87 octane with corn on the street $2.35 

Our street gas is $1.98 and no-corn is $2.52.

Very nice!

I've got a 52 gallon tank on our I/O. First 2 times we filled it was $3.09 a gallon for 87 octane ethanol free and we're due again next time we go out. We'll see if it's gone up any especially after this weekend. How much is it in Ft. Myers?!?

Just paid $2.49 two days ago. I use received fuel for the jet ski, generator, and power washer, and diesel for the truck.

$4.29 for 90 octane no alcohol at the marina last weekend. 

Back