Advice on 6YC information system

bpeby1

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull the trigger and order our new Bennington. I discussed with my dealer about one custom request of adding Yamaha's 6YC Information Station to my build. I saw it at the Chicago boat show this past week and the Yamaha rep at the show got my wife and me pretty excited about it. It's certainly much easier to read and navigate the various functions when compared to Yamaha's standard DEC gauges. When I discussed it w/our dealer he said he has no problem ordering it, but said his Yamaha contact had previously recommended against it. He didn't know why, but said he has sold Bennington models selling for over $125k (and ours will not even cost anywhere close) and has never had a request to add it. I'd greatly appreciate any input (pros or cons) from those of you who have the 6YC. Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations on your new boat! Wish I could help you out but I've got a Merc pushing me around the lake.

I have the Yamaha 6YC on 23RCW with 300 HP Yamaha. I love the 6YC. If you like a digital look that is user friendly I would highly recommend it. I think MSRP it is like $500 more but in my opinion it is worth it. You will like the clean look and the functionality of the gauge.

Last edited:
I don’t have that option but it looks awesome from what info I can get of the picture!

I have the Yamaha 6YC on 23RCW with 300 HP Yamaha. I love the 6YC. If you like a digital look that is user friendly I would highly recommend it. I think MRP it is like $500 more but in my opinion it is worth it. You will like the clean look and the functionality of the gauge.
Thanks for providing the picture. It does look sharp! What attracted us to it, in part, was how easy it is supposed to be to view even in bright daylight. Also, the touchscreen as I understand it allows you to slide the screen forward to see other functions. Does this tie into the garmin striker for some of its functions or is it independent of that?

Last edited:
It is not a touchscreen you use the arrow controls to the right of the screen to scroll through different screen configurations. I do not have the Striker as I upgraded to the Simrad GO5 and I had to install a a NEMA network to get information like RPMs on my Simrad. I will say that the functionality is great and you can see it easily during day light and it has a night configuration also. I think it was worth it but I love tech stuff like this. Attached a pick of Simrad GO5

Last edited:
It is not a touchscreen you use the arrow controls to the right of the screen to scroll through different screen configurations. I do not have the Striker as I upgraded to the Simrad GO5 and I had to install a a NEMA network to get information like RPMs on my Simrad. I will say that the functionality is great and you can see it easily during day light and it has a night configuration also. I think it was worth it but I love tech stuff like this. Attached a pick of Simrad GO5
Thanks again for the information! Now all I have to do is convince my wife.

I do have the Yamaha F300 DEC with 6YC display, I love being able to see instant fuel use. In my opinion the digital display helps with the future resale value, I predict most everything in 10 years will be digital. Analog gauges are fine, but will be going away like carburetors.

Is the 6YC and classic gauges a one or the other thing or can you have both?
I'm old school and like the look of gauges but I like tech too and the accuracy it brings, just not sure I like the look of digital only.

Back