Advice Please!

I believe they have the SPS plus, which gets you to 200 on a 22.

The 23 RCL with ESP isn't a light boat. You won't be sorry with the higher horsepower.

Well I had a 2275 RCW with ESP and a 200hp and it was great! Kept it for a whole 8 months or so!! Haha It really was a great package, the ESP is a phenomenal addition as far as handling goes. I took a couple of prospective buyers who had a 150 on a tri-toon (not Benny) and the look on their faces after one hard turn doing 30mph both made me laugh, and sold them a boat. Esp also gives you an extra 1000lbs of buoyancy over a traditional tri-toon (what I was told by the rep many years ago). The ONLY reason I traded in that boat was because the tower model came out and my dealer was amazing at working with me. I was going to stick to the 200, but my wife said "get the 250, I don't want any reasons why we need to get a fourth boat!"

Get the 200 with ESP, I can pretty much promise you'll love it.

While you are waiting for the guys to pipe up, you may want to search "power assist steering" and read what our experiences have been. This group of knuckleheads just loves to spend other peoples' money, but in the case of horsepower and the power assisted steering, you may want to listen carefully and heed our advice.

All of this is predicated upon the assumption that you have intention to pull water toys and/or carry lots of passengers. If not, I'm unsure as to why a dealer would be steering you toward these motors.
Not to worry, ESP comes with power steering!! :)

I have the sps package
Called my dealer this morning and talked to him about the 200hp motor , and he said I was right after he check into it I can get the 200hp , he is calling the factory to check if they have 200hp. He said Yamaha was having a hard time keeping up with demand. Going to call me back

Yes, 91 octane ethanol free

I have both external lights, sidelight and underwater. Inside cup holders, bimini and added additional floor lighting. All ice blue color, my favorite. All are an absolute must if you enjoy sunset cruises that last well into the night

Thank you! Do you have led lights on that bad boy? Im thinking about installing blue external to match internal mood lights. JM
Sorry, were you asking me if I had the lights?

If so, no I didn't. We had never been out boating at night with our previous two boats so didn't order it on this one. It does have the lighted speakers in boat, and also the speaker rings on the tower. The tower model also comes with a couple blue led mood lights mounted in the tower. I was going to change to red, but the company that makes the button led's for Bennington doesn't make them in red! I was sooo disappointed that I had to sell the boat! Haha jk, was going to buy a couple and disassemble and change the led's, but once again, we never went out at night because of our situation so it wasn't a big deal to me.

In hindsight, when I was already spending THAT much, I should have just gotten the full led's anyway, but oh well

200 on a SPS (SSBXP) here and happy. If I had to do it over I would opt for the electronic power steering...but the std hydraulic does the job. With 4 on the boat a a average load of coolers/fuel I can hit ~ 40mph. By myself I can reach just under 45mph. Great hole shot and 4k RPM it cruises in the upper 26-8mph range.

Back