Aft deck cover extension

bcpnick

Nick
Reaction score
I finally brought my boat back into the canvas shop to finish the work to add a cover for my aft deck. This piece zips onto my existing mooring cover so that I can remove it when towing, but put it on when it's parked to keep birds, debris and weather from making a mess of things. My usual boat parking space is angled downhill a bit so this is particularly nice for me to keep rain and snow from leaking into the boat. 

The canvas wasn't a perfect match because they used Sunbrella, but I'm very pleased with it. They ended up quite a way over budget on time spent but still only charged me $320 for this including the nylon straps they added to the front of my cover to make it tow-worthy. 

For you guys leaving your boat in slips, it wouldn't make sense to use the nylon straps on this, but for me where I only tow it and park, it works great. I'm very pleased. 

Photos here:

https://goo.gl/photos/o433fBWn5kLBrmdk9

Nice job taking care of your boat Nick, as always.

Thanks. I'd feel better about how I take care of her if I could say I'd put her in the water in the last 6+ weeks! Oh well, just took a new job and I'm swamped beyond belief. 6 days on Powell over Labor Day are locked in though. Can't wait. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick, 

Nice looking cover!  It looks like the canvas shop did a fine job.  Good Luck with it.

Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip!

Thanks. I'd feel better about how I take care of her if I could say I'd put her in the water in the last 6+ weeks! Oh well, just took a new job and I'm swamped beyond belief. 6 days on Powell over Labor Day are locked in though. Can't wait. 

Deliver it down here to me and I'll keep it running for you. :D   Nice cover extension.

I got lucky with my rear deck cover as it matches perfectly due to being made from my old warrantied cover.

Looks good Nick. You sure have that boat protected!

Yeah, it's all buttoned up now. I'm planning on leaving it in dry storage at Lake Powell most of the time starting after my next trip. Figured I'd be better off paying for some canvas than the extra $100 per month to store it indoors. 

Back