After a slight delay...

Chris Z

Reaction score
... while I took a nice relaxing vacation to the left coast it was finally time to get the boat off its trailer for the summer. This past weekend was cold, windy but sunny so it was a nice day. After a fast trip out onto Sandy Pond to run the motor for a bit (and thoroughly freeze my helpers that didn't have the benefit of a console and windshield) I finished getting her to my dock.

It's amazing how quickly people learn that there's a new boat on our our peninsula and they immediately bring beer and offer to try all the seating positions with you. :)

Anyway, everything is as it should be and I'm ready for the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how quickly people learn that there's a new boat on our our peninsula and they immediately bring beer and offer to try all the seating positions with you. :)

Anyway, everything is as it should be and I'm ready for the summer.
Until they dont agree with your rules .

I have a friend who last year insisted he was going to smoke on my boat .

Guess who didn't get to go with me last season ?

Nice Chris, have a good time

LOL

The Left Coast 

LOL

Are you from South Carolina

The Boat Looks Amazing 

Hope you have a ton of fun 

Here a sunny 70 degree day and a day of boating 

Summer Has Arrived, after a 30 degree low last night 

Enjoy the Summer , after this winter we all need to

Does this scream Norman Rockwell.

Or is it just me ?

55886058.jpg

Thanks all... I couldn't get the pics over here in the thread earlier so here they are.

Sweeeet !!!

Nice Chris!! The pond must have been freezing!! We went out for our maidan voyage where you got your boat. Water temp was still 46, made for a cold ride. Hopefully it will warm up quick!

Nice Chris!! The pond must have been freezing!! We went out for our maidan voyage where you got your boat. Water temp was still 46, made for a cold ride. Hopefully it will warm up quick!
It was chilly. I see you're a neighbor. Where are you going to use the new boat?

It is in a slip at Owasco Marina. I thought I read that you also got your boat from Bill. He's a good egg. When I was trailering the Four Winns, we split time between Owasco and Cranberry lakes. I've been trailer for years and I'm over it. Time for something different. So we are looking forward to living the slip life this year.

I used to spend some time at the pond, at friends places. I love the dunes! Do you go out on the big pond with your bennington?

Hoping we get some warm weather here soon!

Yep, Bill took very good care of me. I'd recommend them (Owasco Marine) to anyone.

I've been at the Pond for the last 5 years and we enjoy the "Boaters Beach" a lot. The lake wasn't an issue with my last boat, a 20' center console, I don't expect it to be too much trouble for my Benny. Obviously, it can be really BIG water when the wind blows so a little care is needed.

Best of luck with your new ride! It's the right color. At least it's not red.   ;)

Chris/ monkey - I've just started looking at the dealers near me to buy my new boat. Bill at owasco has been awesome so far, but it's always hard to tell who will be there after the deal.... Any updates in working with owasco since this post is about 2 years old? Could only find like 3 reviews online and they were mixed. 

Thanks

I met Bill from Oawsco a couple of years ago at the Central NY Boat show.  As you said seemed like a nice guy, if you have concern about service I think I would bring up any concerns in the conversation and see what he has to say

I hear you, but what dealer isn't going to tell you what you want to hear... Just trying to get some true "after the deal" insight. 

Understood but different people can have opposite feelings about the same person.  I like to judge a man by his response from a strait forward question and then go by my gut.  Sure I have burned but I still prefer looking a man in the eyes and doing it this way.

Also suggest sending ChrisZ a PM 

Coming out of hibernation... Thanks for the PM BeezyB. Roused me the rest of the way. I see we have new software here, all sorts of improvements.

As I said in the PM, I like Bill a whole lot and I like the way he goes the extra mile for you, whether you bought from him or not. He's a forward looker, would love to earn your next buy.

Let us know what you think. In the mean time... we need to get rid of this April snow.

Back