aftermarket stereo is recommendations?

Booboo

Reaction score
Our 2013 2275 GCW has arrived but is still on dealer's property. Winter dry storage make for perfect time to think about adding to the existing stereo system we ordered, which is Sony M6 CD with USB, blue tooth and standard GCW Kicker speakers. We ordered the "Battery -Dual with Switch (port)" option so that we could add an external stereo amplifier or subwoofer amplifier after taking delivery and before putting in the water.

Has anyone added to the stereo system I ordered? If so, please describe brands, costs and results.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, you won't find anything nicer than the Wet Sounds product line. Their xs-650's clarity and overall sound is amazing! If I don't end up selling my current boat, I will be adding a SYN-4 amp to power the 6 6.5's and the AS-10 self powered sub. It is actually close to the same setup as what you get if you order the Wet Sounds upgrade from the factory. I had looked at a couple different options for the sub setup and Tim from Wet Sounds talked me into the AS-10 in the helm storage said it was amazing. Total MSRP for all those is $1973 + wire, fuses etc.

My cousin has all these in his MB Sports boat and it's incredible. He's going to sell his amps and buy the new Sinister Series amps because their output is outstanding! More than I would need to be running the 6.5's so ill stick with the older ones. He likes the new ones because it means instead of having it think 6 amps to power all his speakers/tower/subs, he can run all of them off I think 3 and have more power. It's a phenomenal product. As I said, just my opinions.

Derrick,

Already studied your earlier post about Wetsounds.

Was hoping someone might suggest a more reasonably-priced solution, which would include the four factory-installed Kicker speakers and the Sony M6/CD/USB/bluetooth.

Was thinking more along the lines of using the factory-installed M6 head unit to send signal to a new/separate stand-alone amp for the four Kickers plus a combination sub/sub amp from JL Audio marine.

Was hoping someone might suggest how/where to connect these new accessories to spare battery.

BooBoo

No problem, just do like you said and put in a small amp and do the self powered sub I mentioned. Run a main power from your second battery, the original amount was for 6 speakers, so knock off over $800 for those. I would still do the SYND4, it's only $30 more than the 2 and gives you the ability to add a few more speakers later. The Kicker speakers aren't bad, they're just only running off deck power. My motto is the same for this as my Bennington, buy it once, buy it right! Haha sure I'm on my second Bennington in 3 years and contemplating going for a third, but they keep making them even better!!! Haha

Congrats on the boat! I own the same boat and stereo. (2012) My opinion....no amp is needed. Plenty loud and handles our our Ipod nicely. In fact, I've never been able to crank the volume to wide open with 6 speakers! Save your money and try it first before you upgrade.

Derrick,

Already studied your earlier post about Wetsounds.

Was hoping someone might suggest a more reasonably-priced solution, which would include the four factory-installed Kicker speakers and the Sony M6/CD/USB/bluetooth.

Was thinking more along the lines of using the factory-installed M6 head unit to send signal to a new/separate stand-alone amp for the four Kickers plus a combination sub/sub amp from JL Audio marine.

Was hoping someone might suggest how/where to connect these new accessories to spare battery.

BooBoo
Check out this earlier thread- I have pics of my upgrade on a budget that sounds pretty sweet.

Back