Aircraft Pics .... Post them up

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
This is for Todd AKA: mtudb24 (it was his idea) ....... I love seeing pics of aircraft, but the gallery is cumbersome, so link your pics here, any plane or heli !!!!

POST EM UP !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll kick it off

Here's one of the actual planes I worked on back in the 80's good ole "Double Nuts"

379744_340027372790223_1812282627_n.jpg

Nice Semper!! I planned on linking them yesterday, but got side tracked. Will get them here from the gallery soon

Fairly odd photo looking down at a aircraft while standing on a platform. This was a 185 knot low pass with smoke on to start the show! I was the air-boss for Ms. Patty Wagstaff (3 time national aerobatic champion) in a 2009 aerobatic demo. She put on a great show with her Extra 300S having a 24.6 wingspan and weighing in at 1,808 lbs pumping out 350 hp. On another note she was very nice and spent a ton of time with the crowd talking and signing anything people put if front of her. A true asset to aviation!

Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?

Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Iceman: Bullshit.

Goose: No, he was man. It was a really great move. He was inverted.

Charlie: You were in a 4g inverted dive with a MiG28?

Maverick: Yes, ma'am.

Charlie: At what range?

Maverick: Um, about two meters.

Goose: It was actually about one and a half I think. It was one and a half. I've got a great Polaroid of it, and he's right there, must be one and a half.

Maverick: Was a nice picture.

Goose: Thanks.

Charlie: Eh, lieutenant, what were you doing there?

Goose: Communicating.

Maverick: Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations. You know, giving him the bird!

Goose: You know, the finger

Charlie: Yes, I know the finger, Goose.

BAD Mamba Jamba !!!!

61.jpg

We have an A-10 base locally in Ft. Wayne, just a few miles from our house. It is really great to watch them train here. I sure wouldn't want to be the bad guys when the A-10's come calling, all loaded up B)

Great pic of the A10. Selfridge ANG base is about 10 miles from our house and they fly the A10's. Watching them fly over in pairs gives ya goose bumps.

And the A-10 engines make a distinct sound, you can tell what it is without even looking ...... :angry:

Then there's the SPECTRE !!!

AC-130A2.jpg

ac-130-spectre-44.jpg

105mm howitzer. Bad A$$. Didn't they call them spooky's bad in the Vietnam era?

Such an amazing plane !!!!

b2_bomber_jpg.jpg

Great pic of the A10. Selfridge ANG base is about 10 miles from our house and they fly the A10's. Watching them fly over in pairs gives ya goose bumps.
I thought they base name sounded familiar. I deployed there back in the 80's when we did a training exercise with the Michigan ANG and the Canadians.

And this sweet thing !!!

SR71%20Blackbird.jpg

sr71sim.jpg

This is a little off topic but I love this video. It does have a helicopter in it though.

That is AWESOME!

If it flies, it aint off topic in this thread !!!! Heck, post up Radio Control planes or heli's if you like !!!!!

He should have got this to just chop the tree down.... :p

Back