Aircraft Pics .... Post them up

I had a pulse 60 on floats a couple years ago, that plane didn't know it had floats on it! Post some photos.

Steve

One last thing *if you didn't know*, spray all electronics with "Corrosion X" this stuff is amazing!

Steve

One last thing *if you didn't know*, spray all electronics with "Corrosion X" this stuff is amazing!

Steve
Steve,

I have some, but have not done it. Is it safe to do while the electronics are in the plane? i.e.: wont hurt the balsa or overing.

Thanks for the advice

Brian

I would worry more about the receiver, motor and the esc, servos are pretty good unless they get completely dunked. I actually pop the case open on my Rx and spay the entire circuit board, spray in each end of the esc (assuming it has heat shrink over it). I have never had any problems with balsa, foam, or covering.....but, I would be careful around the covering, I don't think harming it is the problem but if it lifts you may have trouble ironing it back down.

Best of luck,

Steve

Bthrel

Awesome. Looks great and have some fun

I would worry more about the receiver, motor and the esc, servos are pretty good unless they get completely dunked. I actually pop the case open on my Rx and spay the entire circuit board, spray in each end of the esc (assuming it has heat shrink over it). I have never had any problems with balsa, foam, or covering.....but, I would be careful around the covering, I don't think harming it is the problem but if it lifts you may have trouble ironing it back down.

Best of luck,

Steve
Thanks for the advice Steve, I will spray the components today in preparation for the weekend

Pics to come (hopefully not wreckage pics...LOL)

Brian

We have a 1947 Cessna seaplane on a boat dock about 1/2 mile away.

The previous owner delivered it to Guntersville Lake, however the plane had a bad voltage regulator. When it wouldn't start, our neighbor got the bright idea to stand on the pontoon and spin the prop manually.

When the engine started, the throttle was wide open. The new owner was holding onto the pontoon supports going down the lake lickety split, and there was no one inside the plane to fly it. Somehow, he got a hand in the door and got the strength to climb inside.

After he pulled back on the stick, the old Cessna was flying and he brought it 80 miles downriver to its new home.

The only problem since was when a bass fisherman came out of a slough and almost broadsided the seaplane when he was about to lift off in front of our house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back