All those lights!!!

Benni Newbie

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a new 22 S series tri-toon. Does anyone use all the lighting features?? I don’t think we will use our boat that much at night. Do the lights show up during daylight? With cost being such a huge factor...I am considering forgoing lighting costs for more practical expenses.

I don't think you will get a boat without lights. There are laws that need to be followed and having lights is one of them.

I don't think you will get a boat without lights. There are laws that need to be followed and having lights is one of them.
I think he means cup holders, side lighting etc. It must have navigation lights.

Obviously navigation lights will come on the boat and I don't think that's the question here.

As for the frilly options of the led lighting , I went with the illuminated bimini top , toe kick lighting and illuminated speakers. I didn't see much use in the under water lights and exterior side lighting.

Also , the cupholder lighting only included 3 cupholders on my setup and for the price was not worth it to me. The 3 lighting options I picked is plenty for me when out at night and wasn't all that expensive considering the whole package.

Don't rule out going out at night! Mid summer when it's hot as blazes during the day the boat gets launched near sundown and that's one of my favorite times to be out. I usually have the lake to myself most nights too. Doesn't get much more relaxing than that.

We love night boating and wouldn't have a boat with all the light options

Last edited:
We added ALL of the lighting options. Wavered back and forth on them ourselves for the same reasons. Kids and teens LOVE them. They get some cool uhhhs and ahhhs from guests new to our boat. Heck, I even must admit to finding them pretty dang awesome in the evening and at night.

However, we really don’t go out too much at night. They really don’t get enough use by us to justify their costs.

IF you CANNOT get BOTH the lights, and more practical options, go practical. Not having practical options is the type of thing that will stick in your side when you want/need them. Not having lighting wont.

IF you can figure a way to spring for BOTH the lighting and other practical necessities, family and friends will likely get a thrill out of them. They certainly add an ambiance to the experience when boating towards the end of the evening into nightfall.

I like them, they are very cool looking. But the water patrol here is really cracking down on any lighting (other than navigation lights) while underway at night.
On a side note, I didn't order any extra lighting, but because we have a G series it comes standard with blue speaker lights. I like them, but we have a fastback with the two rear speakers are facing back on the extended deck. I'm sure its just a matter of time til I get pulled over.

We added ALL of the lighting options. Wavered back and forth on them ourselves for the same reasons. Kids and teens LOVE them. They get some cool uhhhs and ahhhs from guests new to our boat. Heck, I even must admit to finding them pretty dang awesome in the evening and at night.

However, we really don’t go out too much at night. They really don’t get enough use by us to justify their costs.

IF you CANNOT get BOTH the lights, and more practical options, go practical. Not having practical options is the type of thing that will stick in your side when you want/need them. Not having lighting wont.

IF you can figure a way to spring for BOTH the lighting and other practical necessities, family and friends will likely get a thrill out of them. They certainly add an ambiance to the experience when boating towards the end of the evening into nightfall.

I couldn't have said it any better!

I have all the lighting and love it for evening and dusk rides. It really is pretty neat when all lit up.

so I broke my anchor light prior to ever getting my boat wet (still don't want to talk about it). we were in Hot Springs and convinced the local dealer to sell me one off of an inventory boat since the parts department did not have one. Coming away from the restaurant at night, I asked my wife to look up to make sure the new one was lit...... "NO!" Okay, now panicked a bit as traffic was heavy and I wasn't wearing my glasses, I started hitting the toggle switches. "Oh, my bad.. It is working".....thanks hun!........ and here comes the sheriff. I had inadvertently turned on my docking lights as well. He was nice but also told me to turn off my 'cool' lights as they were a distraction to other boaters. I would think that anything that screams, 'BOAT HERE' would be good for avoiding accidents.

Obviously navigation lights will come on the boat and I don't think that's the question here.

As for the frilly options of the led lighting , I went with the illuminated bimini top , toe kick lighting and illuminated speakers. I didn't see much use in the under water lights and exterior side lighting.

Also , the cupholder lighting only included 3 cupholders on my setup and for the price was not worth it to me. The 3 lighting options I picked is plenty for me when out at night and wasn't all that expensive considering the whole package.

Don't rule out going out at night! Mid summer when it's hot as blazes during the day the boat gets launched near sundown and that's one of my favorite times to be out. I usually have the lake to myself most nights too. Doesn't get much more relaxing than that.

I have to second that...... Come 7/8 pm everyone heads in and you have the water to yourselves oh and the fish, if you turn on your underwater lighting... LOL

I have the swingback model with LED exterior lights, along with the LEDs in the cup holders and speakers. Mine doesn't have the color changing feature, so it is always blue. I love the look/ambiance of the blue lighting at night, but that color seems to attract lots of small flying insects. I have heard red does not attract the flying critters, so getting the full RGB color changing option might be worthwhile if you do decide to go with interior lighting.

Back