Aluminum Protection

CGN-40

Reaction score
Should I do the Sharkskin myself or have it done as an option?

Have it done as an option................unless you have a lift that suspends your toon where you are able to have access to the whole tube w/out any obstructions. I applied Sharkhide to my tubes with my boat on the trailer so I wasn't able to apply it to the very bottom.................

Do the option as BK said, as they can do complete much easier than you.

Yup, option, that way it doesn't have time to get any road grime or anything on it.

Nuff said! Thanks fellas.

I had my service shop apply the Sharkhide, but I purchased it online. Saved a little bit, and the dealer was willing to do it. Just a thought!

My dealer said flat out they will not apply sharkhide. They went on to state that their reason was that it is such a pain in the ass to apply. I don't have any experience with it myself but form what I have read on this forum and watched in video's online this answer kind of shocked me. It didn't seem that difficult to do.

My dealer said flat out they will not apply sharkhide. They went on to state that their reason was that it is such a pain in the ass to apply. I don't have any experience with it myself but form what I have read on this forum and watched in video's online this answer kind of shocked me. It didn't seem that difficult to do.
I don't think it's hard to apply, it's the PREP WORK that's a P.I.T.A. !!!!!

I'm getting ready to finally apply the Sharkhide tonight after I once again apply laquer finish first. I have already polished them and there is now way the Sharkhide PROTECTANT is hard to apply. You just wipe the stuff on. No big deal. I wonder if your dealer was thinking about the Sharhide POLISH when he said it was too difficult? I have to say, if I ever polish pontoons again I would go with there polish vs. the Gord's I used. Gord's is a liquid and it slings all over the place. The Sharkhide is a thicker paste and it sure seems like it wouldn't go all over the place as much.

Keith............Pictures of your hard work?????

Not worth it. It's for sure way more reflective/shine (it was completely dull before) but I'll bet it was more operator error than anything. I think what I see is swirl marks from letting the pad dry out too much but that's the only time it would actually shine them. It's ok though. I knew I wouldn't get them like mirrors but at least they are way better than they were.

Keith, my '05 does look like mirrors but Zodapop's '08 would not polish due to it being a different type or factory finish of aluminum. Back when the site had a blog section I had a complete "how to do it" on this but it's long gone. Steve

Back