Anchor and Rode Storage Ideas

EricZ5

Reaction score
I am looking for ideas on where to store by Box Anchor and 100' Rode on my 2012 RCW. I would prefer not to just let it sit on the deck and get it dirty. Whatever I find needs to be able to allow the Rode to come out easily and pack back easily. In addition, we would like to be able to store it all away someplace.

What are you guys/gals using?

Thanks

Eric

We have the box anchor as well. I use a plastic tote and store the whole lot in the changing room. When it's time to anchor, i just pull the whole thing out and set it on the rear platform.

Now here is where i do it differently than most, i anchor off the rear of the boat, that way everything stays on the vinyl, no mud or water on the carpet.

I have a Danforth anchor from a previous boat. Two feet of chain and 100 feet of rode. This is all in a canvas bag right now, but I think I am going to do small plastic waste basket, and store it in the changing area. I want something more vertically oriented since I have a five gallon Lugable Loo pot there too. There are also two batteries in the changing area.

Our floor is all vinyl so fore or aft cleating, depending on the wind and sea conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just keep mine under the forward bench seat on the Starboard side. Can't quite recall the last time I bothered to anchor.

Hey everyone, I built a rack for my box anchor that hangs on the 2nd rail and the anchor sits in a stainless pan. The upper part just keeps it from falling over and the pan supports it and catches all the dirt. Where I'm hanging mine gets into the curve a little so I had to curve the bracket.If it looks funny to you, that's why. Well....pictures sent to computer but it won't load. I'll try later.

I also have a box anchor and I always leave it unfolded in the box position. Mine will carefully fit under the front seat at the bow, just watch the speaker mounted inside the bottom of the seat. I also have a cheap plastic extension cord holder that I wrap my 100' rope around. It will all fit in there nicely. I have the vinyl carrying case the anchor comes with is on the bottom of the storage area just in case there is some mud on the anchor.

I just had my dealer install a Minkota automatic anchor on my bow platform on my 20SLi. All I do is push a button. It is out of the way dose not rattle or bang and works every time I want it to. No mud, sand, seaweed, or water on my carpet. Plus I am not busting my hump to pull it up I just push a button. Worth ever penny of the $500.00 I paid to purchase and install. E-mail jlfinn@charter.net I will forward you photos.

I just had my dealer install a Minkota automatic anchor on my bow platform on my 20SLi. All I do is push a button. It is out of the way dose not rattle or bang and works every time I want it to. No mud, sand, seaweed, or water on my carpet. Plus I am not busting my hump to pull it up I just push a button. Worth ever penny of the $500.00 I paid to purchase and install. E-mail jlfinn@charter.net I will forward you photos.
Looneymoose - Will this work with a box anchor? Most of the ones I have seen don't seem to. What about excess bounce/drap with the anchor hanging from the bow?

Looneymoose - Will this work with a box anchor? Most of the ones I have seen don't seem to. What about excess bounce/drap with the anchor hanging from the bow?
E mail me at jlfinn@charter.net I will send you pix. I have no bounce or banging going on. The anchor fits into it's own housing along with the rope. It becomes part of the boat, you do not even now it is their until you need it. I would not have it any other way. I am not sure what a box anchor is. Mine came with a 20lb river anchor and it works just fine.

Back