Anchor Holder

That looks to be home-made, but very ingenious.

Also looks to be a huge anchor for that size of boat! A Fortress anchor is smaller, lighter and has more holding power than a larger steel one. As such, it can be easily stowed under a seat. Not quite as convenient as what is shown above, but it's also not visible. Different strokes for different folks.

Clever idea, looks like it’s made out of azack(sp??) the pvc lumber.

Yep, looks like a rental. I use a box anchor anyways and those stow easily in the bag under a seat.

Also a box anchor fan

Received a box anchor from the kids for Christmas. Does it work as well as the video on the box anchor website?

I have not had any issues .
I have 2 ,a small and a baby . I use the small alone most of the time at a sand bar . I also use the baby on windy days off the stern to stop the sway .

I've never had any issues with mine holding. They will pull straight up pretty easy but once you get an angle on the rope it grabs and stays put. The "Box Anchor" by Slide Anchor is distributed here in Lake Havasu City and everyone I know uses them.

Yep, looks like a rental. I use a box anchor anyways and those stow easily in the bag under a seat.
What size box anchor are you using, i have multiple Rickter Anchors and are one now, a bit heavy but does the job.

Mine is just the small size. I've never had an issue with it holding. I had the large size for my 29' deckboat but that boat was much heavier than the pontoon. Here's the one I have. They are distributed about 2 miles from my house so needless to say they are quite popular out here.

https://www.slideanchor.com/boxanchor/

That's the one I have Havasu, with fangs on the top and bottom; highly recommend

How does it work on a rocky bottom?

I guess it depends on how rocky. It will probably hold but the claws are intended to dig into the bottom. I would think that if it was super rocky and super windy the anchor might just slide across instead of biting. Just speculation of course.

Totally Agree with TexasToon

I was using mine down by blue water on the "sand bar" and it kept sliding. But the bottom there seems to be a hard clay with about 3-4 inches of muck on it. So maybe it works better on the lake.

Our lake averages 8-12 feet deep and usually 15 mph wind. Very weedy ( grass, milfoil etc). How well does the box anchor hold up in weedy situations. I have a very hard time setting my 10lb fluke anchor and I’ll have to pull up and clean off 30 lbs of weeds in order to try and reset.

Back