Anchor light replacement

RunningYld

Reaction score
I found out how tall my anchor light sticks up when the boat is on the trailer. Not exactly how far from the ground but I did learn it is taller then my shop door is high.
Was going to leave the boat outside to dry after a day on the water, heard thunder in the distance right after getting in bed, run out in my pjs to put it inside before the rain comes.....Light still works but has a custom aerodynamic forward bend around the bimini. :)
I'd never put in the shop without lowering the bimini all the way down but had it up in radar position while I was cleaning the boat, luckily the door is taller then the bimini and only the anchor light mast got reshaped.

Does anyone have a recommendation on either of these replacements, or a different one they like?

RecPro

Shoreline pro

Last edited:
I'd bite the bullet and buy one from the dealer that is "plug & play".
Count on spending the better part of a hundo.

Do you have enough length to cut the tube and just have it a little shorter?

Do you have enough length to cut the tube and just have it a little shorter?

It bent a couple inches from the base. It would be really short if i save the bottom but I might be able to cut the bottom off and use the top portion. I'll have to look at how its connected.
Won't be the only short shaft thing I've got. :)

Fixed the light this weekend.
First I tried to just straighten it and see how it looked. Got it mostly straight but wasn't quite satisfied. Ended up breaking it at the bend and denting it about half way up. Cut it in half at the new dent, stuck it back together, and got back on the water.

The custom bend didn't improve aerodynamics or top end.
The half shaft I've got now should reduce drag and get me about 1/1000th of a mph boost.
I had a full tank of fuel and a boat load of people so didn't get a chance for good speed tests :)

Back